+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we not

I wouldn't be changing much at the moment, top of the league, lost 1 game to a spawny goal.

Happy enough for Eddie to be a scoring super sub.

Might sound greedy but through missed chances we have dropped 4 points - trying to avoid that by having someone who will finish them could make a difference at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Might sound greedy but through missed chances we have dropped 4 points - trying to avoid that by having someone who will finish them could make a difference at the end of the season.
    Will always happen, no matter who we have up front. We could bring Eddie in which might change the team dynamic and we suddenly find it hard to press or camp in the opposition 3rd and therefore create less chances etc,etc.

Its all if's and buts. What we have is working at the moment. I think we will get stronger and for the time being I don't see the need to change a team that keeps winning.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 18-09-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I wouldn't be changing much at the moment, top of the league, lost 1 game to a spawny goal.

Happy enough for Eddie to be a scoring super sub.
    The fans might be ok with how things are at present, but if Arsenal have a recall clause (and like Clarke with Spurs, I'd be surprised if they dont), and we persist in using Nketiah only for the last 10 each match (even if in the limited time he continues to find the net), then we might lose the guy as Arsenal will want to see him develop as a "full time" PL 1st team player, wouldn't they?

Top of league,squad game,tactical options & a long season ahead yet - exciting times for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The fans might be ok with how things are at present, but if Arsenal have a recall clause (and like Clarke with Spurs, I'd be surprised if they dont), and we persist in using Nketiah only for the last 10 each match (even if in the limited time he continues to find the net), then we might lose the guy as Arsenal will want to see him develop as a "full time" PL 1st team player, wouldn't they?
    A very valid point, we could also play him for more minutes, he bangs in the goals and Arsenal recall him anyway.

I am not saying that we never start him in the team, I just think at the moment its not the right time. Its feels like we are suggesting change for change's sake.

Another point I was thinking of (Hopefully there are stats somewhere to back me up (fingers crossed), I would suggest that a high proportion of games are won by the odd goal in the last 15-20 minutes of a match, Eddie is currently providing us with that goal fairly consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Top of league,squad game,tactical options & a long season ahead yet - exciting times for some of us.
    I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away That's the draw of football, we all see the same game/result but interpret it so differently. Can create some great conversations etc.

Worth listening to the talking shirt podcast - they have Angus Kinnear on for about 30 mins and he talks about loan signings. Looks more like arsenal can recall Eddie is not happy with how he is developing rather than he is scoring for fun. What harm does it do for him to be given a start?

Worth listening to the talking shutt podcast - they have Angus Kinnear on for about 30 mins and he talks about loan signings. Looks more like arsenal can recall Eddie is not happy with how he is developing rather than he is scoring for fun. What harm does it do for him to be given a start?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    A very valid point, we could also play him for more minutes, he bangs in the goals and Arsenal recall him anyway.

I am not saying that we never start him in the team, I just think at the moment its not the right time. Its feels like we are suggesting change for change's sake.

Another point I was thinking of (Hopefully there are stats somewhere to back me up (fingers crossed), I would suggest that a high proportion of games are won by the odd goal in the last 15-20 minutes of a match, Eddie is currently providing us with that goal fairly consistently.
    From the quotes from the Kinnear interview, (and I agree with his point about Bielsa, he might be stubborn in terms of team selection but his coaching qualities are stellar), you would guess that Arsenal will want Nketiah to benefit from a full season at Leeds, provided he gets sufficient game time.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)