+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we not

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I know bielsa won't, but I wondered if someone had an actual tactical reason, other than just being an awkward old goat.
    I would say that Eddie is a natural poacher to get his goals, ( Not denying its what we need), But the structure of how we play is built around Bamford playing up top on his own, not sure if Eddie can hold up play and so on only time will tell, if for the time being we use Eddie as sub to get his goals and still play Bamford ( Because Bamford is playing well ) again time will tell. Bamford badly needs a goal or 2 maybe then people will get off his back, i dont think some are seeing the overall picture of how we play and how important Bamford is to that, Just my opinion.

Pretty sure the Arsenal bloke who comes on here said in one of his first post on this site that Eddie can play as a winger as well as a number 9.

He could start on the wing and drift in or bench Klitch and play bamford behind Eddie.

With opponents packing the box Eddie running at them would be better than Bamford. However I do like Bamford's workrate and how he holds the ball up. Let someone with pace feed off him.

I also think Eddie will/would shine when Hernandez gets back and we have sorely missed him.

Hard to shine when you are siting the bench

Not disputing bamfords workrate or hold up play, just the fact he's a goalscorer who doesn't score goals, that's like having a goalkeeper who doesn't save shots....and we've had a few of them....Eddie is a goalscorer who does score goals...every 78 minutes, apparently, and we need a goalscorer, if bamfords workrate and all round contribution is good, then play both and drop a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    I would say that Eddie is a natural poacher to get his goals, ( Not denying its what we need), But the structure of how we play is built around Bamford playing up top on his own, not sure if Eddie can hold up play and so on only time will tell, if for the time being we use Eddie as sub to get his goals and still play Bamford ( Because Bamford is playing well ) again time will tell. Bamford badly needs a goal or 2 maybe then people will get off his back, i dont think some are seeing the overall picture of how we play and how important Bamford is to that, Just my opinion.
    No, Bamford is not "playing well", even though I genuinely wish he was but work rate and holding play counts for nothing if a striker (our ONLY supposed bona fide striker), doesn't score goals. He isn't scoring and has been afforded a LOT of time to do so. We start bith and modify tactics accordingly, or we start Eddie and see what that does. Starting Bamford again is going down the road of lunacy, repeating the same method and expecting different results.

Wtf....me and you are singing from the same hymn sheet, we can shout from the rooftops, but the only one who can change it is bielsa, nothing would please me more than for bamford to hit a hat trick tomorrow, or even 2 goals, or a winning goal, but I just can't see it, his confidence is shot.

I think Bamford is playing well, but he is either dropping into deep to get the ball/track back or when he wins it in the final 3rd has no support.

He should be converting more of the decent chances that come his way (when they do). I think if he does get a goal he will kick on and score plenty more.

Bielsa isn't doing Bamford any favours starting him every game. It would be good for Bamf if someone else had to take the pressure for a while.

Listening to you we are bottom of the league, Yes we should probably be top and a few points clear if we had turned our draws into wins with hitting the back of the net, how many more players Bamford apart have missed glorious opportunities to win us those games. Numerous i can tell you, how do i know, because i was there, how do i know Bamfod deserves his place and is playing well, because i go to games and have seen his play off the ball.

Beilsa may well start Eddie tomorrow but if he does it will knock Bamfords confidence as he contributes to the team and he knows that, If anything Eddie should start in place of Harrison not Bamford,

Whoever gets picked start supporting the team, if we dont win or we draw then have an opinion instead of slagging players off,

Bielsa knows more than everyone of us on here will ever know so why cant you respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Listening to you we are bottom of the league, Yes we should probably be top and a few points clear if we had turned our draws into wins with hitting the back of the net, how many more players Bamford apart have missed glorious opportunities to win us those games. Numerous i can tell you, how do i know, because i was there, how do i know Bamfod deserves his place and is playing well, because i go to games and have seen his play off the ball.

Beilsa may well start Eddie tomorrow but if he does it will knock Bamfords confidence as he contributes to the team and he knows that, If anything Eddie should start in place of Harrison not Bamford,

Whoever gets picked start supporting the team, if we dont win or we draw then have an opinion instead of slagging players off,

Bielsa knows more than everyone of us on here will ever know so why cant you respect that.
    Errrrr Pete, as far as I can see no-one is "slagging" anyone off, just that Bamfird isn't doing what a striker should, score, which isn't slagging off, it's fact. And neither is anyone NOT supporting the team, they (the team), deserve to win with all their possession and that down to Bielsas tactics/strategies etc.

So we're expressing an opinion that the pressure on Bamford would be reduced and our prospect of scoring enhanced if Nketiah was to start.

As for respect for Bielsa, I think we all do, but that's a currency that fast runs out when performances suffer and the team is NOT performing and delivering as you might expect when we have 65 - 75% possession in every match.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)