+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Can we not

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,651

    Can we not

    Play eddie and bamford together with eddie taking the lead in front of bamford.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,107
    Brilliant Watson. Brilliant.

    Bielsa rules.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Play eddie and bamford together with eddie taking the lead in front of bamford.
    No. It pains me to say it because I genuinely wanted Bamford to come good, but he hasn't and isnt likely to, so at best he comes on as sub. We start with Costa and Nketiah.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Play eddie and bamford together with eddie taking the lead in front of bamford.
    Who would you drop to keep Rocky Bamfoa in the side - Klich?, Pablo?, Costa? (assuming he now starts too).

    Roberts looked sharp for the u23s tonight - so Bamford have to fight just to stay on the bench if the statisticians persuade Bielsa to play Eddie.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,599
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No. It pains me to say it because I genuinely wanted Bamford to come good, but he hasn't and isnt likely to, so at best he comes on as sub. We start with Costa and Nketiah.
    You are right.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,910
    It's a long season so we'll doubtless need both of them and probably Edmondson before it's over.

    However, at this point, Eddie's clearly better. However, how much does bamford take out of them before Eddie comes in. Might be MB's strategy.

    can't see playing them both only because we aren't strong enough defensively to leave the midfield open. MB asks a lot of his mid's.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,068
    Costa and Eddie must start, simple as, we all know it, we all say it, only we don't pick the team.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,599
    As much as I love Bielsa he ain't half a stubborn b@stard!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,651
    Forgive me for suggesting that we should play our 2 strikers up front. Unheard off in football.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Forgive me for suggesting that we should play our 2 strikers up front. Unheard off in football.
    That's just it Billy, for all some of us might want for Bamford, he ISN'T doing what a striker should be doing, I.e. strike!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    899
    I wouldn't be changing much at the moment, top of the league, lost 1 game to a spawny goal.

    Happy enough for Eddie to be a scoring super sub.

  12. #12
    Might sound greedy but through missed chances we have dropped 4 points - trying to avoid that by having someone who will finish them could make a difference at the end of the season.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Might sound greedy but through missed chances we have dropped 4 points - trying to avoid that by having someone who will finish them could make a difference at the end of the season.
    Will always happen, no matter who we have up front. We could bring Eddie in which might change the team dynamic and we suddenly find it hard to press or camp in the opposition 3rd and therefore create less chances etc,etc.

    Its all if's and buts. What we have is working at the moment. I think we will get stronger and for the time being I don't see the need to change a team that keeps winning.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 18-09-2019 at 07:55 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,622
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I wouldn't be changing much at the moment, top of the league, lost 1 game to a spawny goal.

    Happy enough for Eddie to be a scoring super sub.
    The fans might be ok with how things are at present, but if Arsenal have a recall clause (and like Clarke with Spurs, I'd be surprised if they dont), and we persist in using Nketiah only for the last 10 each match (even if in the limited time he continues to find the net), then we might lose the guy as Arsenal will want to see him develop as a "full time" PL 1st team player, wouldn't they?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,531
    Top of league,squad game,tactical options & a long season ahead yet - exciting times for some of us.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The fans might be ok with how things are at present, but if Arsenal have a recall clause (and like Clarke with Spurs, I'd be surprised if they dont), and we persist in using Nketiah only for the last 10 each match (even if in the limited time he continues to find the net), then we might lose the guy as Arsenal will want to see him develop as a "full time" PL 1st team player, wouldn't they?
    A very valid point, we could also play him for more minutes, he bangs in the goals and Arsenal recall him anyway.

    I am not saying that we never start him in the team, I just think at the moment its not the right time. Its feels like we are suggesting change for change's sake.

    Another point I was thinking of (Hopefully there are stats somewhere to back me up (fingers crossed), I would suggest that a high proportion of games are won by the odd goal in the last 15-20 minutes of a match, Eddie is currently providing us with that goal fairly consistently.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Top of league,squad game,tactical options & a long season ahead yet - exciting times for some of us.
    I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away That's the draw of football, we all see the same game/result but interpret it so differently. Can create some great conversations etc.

  18. #18
    Worth listening to the talking shirt podcast - they have Angus Kinnear on for about 30 mins and he talks about loan signings. Looks more like arsenal can recall Eddie is not happy with how he is developing rather than he is scoring for fun. What harm does it do for him to be given a start?

  19. #19
    Worth listening to the talking shutt podcast - they have Angus Kinnear on for about 30 mins and he talks about loan signings. Looks more like arsenal can recall Eddie is not happy with how he is developing rather than he is scoring for fun. What harm does it do for him to be given a start?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,622
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    A very valid point, we could also play him for more minutes, he bangs in the goals and Arsenal recall him anyway.

    I am not saying that we never start him in the team, I just think at the moment its not the right time. Its feels like we are suggesting change for change's sake.

    Another point I was thinking of (Hopefully there are stats somewhere to back me up (fingers crossed), I would suggest that a high proportion of games are won by the odd goal in the last 15-20 minutes of a match, Eddie is currently providing us with that goal fairly consistently.
    From the quotes from the Kinnear interview, (and I agree with his point about Bielsa, he might be stubborn in terms of team selection but his coaching qualities are stellar), you would guess that Arsenal will want Nketiah to benefit from a full season at Leeds, provided he gets sufficient game time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •