+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Can we not

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And on the subject of "the brilliant football etc etc....." I suspect I'm not alone in wishing for us to play football that consists a little more of seeing the ball in the back of the net and (if needs be), a little less of the tippy-tappy midfield keep-ball that contributes to possession of 60 - 70% but no goals, but like Hopelessly, what do I know.
    I think the brilliant football thing is a real dilemma - i asked this question a while back - brilliant football and failing to get promotion or winning at any cost. I was really surprised that most said they preferred the brilliant football, but i understand the genuine excitement at how we have played in the last two years, and feel it too.

However, recently the football hasn't been quite as fantastic - the quality of passing, the pressing, the complete domination, etc. It's still been good, but not what it was at times last year. Hopefully that's a blip and we can get back with the creative players we've been missing to something like we were at our best last year.

I'm still for win at all costs, sometimes ugly, and get promoted, then play everyone off the park in the Premier League with beautiful style, but then i'm a greedy b ugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    The Harrison/Bamford debate raises its ugly head again on this forum.

Harrison - Works hard but try's to take his man on too many times and final delivery is usually sh1te.

Bamford - Works hard and puts himself about but does not score many goals and has a tendency to miss 'sitters'.

We won't finish top 2 while the above 2 carry on as they are..in my opinion.
    Just for the record..I would like to add that...

I would love it if Harrison would stop taking his man on so many times and start delivering quality crosses..just like I would love it if Bamford added goals to his game.

Both put a shift in but they need to do the other stuff mentioned for it to be a complete success.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I think the brilliant football thing is a real dilemma - i asked this question a while back - brilliant football and failing to get promotion or winning at any cost. I was really surprised that most said they preferred the brilliant football, but i understand the genuine excitement at how we have played in the last two years, and feel it too.

However, recently the football hasn't been quite as fantastic - the quality of passing, the pressing, the complete domination, etc. It's still been good, but not what it was at times last year. Hopefully that's a blip and we can get back with the creative players we've been missing to something like we were at our best last year.

I'm still for win at all costs, sometimes ugly, and get promoted, then play everyone off the park in the Premier League with beautiful style, but then i'm a greedy b ugger.
    Hard one Jez. I hated how we played under Warnock.

I love how we try to play now which is not to say it is perfect.

I think the team misses Roofe and Saiz so that Pablo when fit has too much on his shoulders.

I hope we are not far from clicking but we have somehow lost the cutting edge and some of the creativity of last year which could be for a number of reasons.

The YEP article with Forshaw suggests things won’t change much as It sounds classic wait and the law of averages will come into play.

What that misses is that the team has improved on some things this year, better defensively possibly more comfortable on the ball. What we lack is goals not only from Bamford but elsewhere.

I really like how we play but am frustrated that there seem to be glaring things that are not being addressed. Instead of trying new things or changing things up we seem to be obsessed with regression to the mean so leave things as they are.

Bamford should be in the team but not solely bearing the scoring load. Bamford is also not as quick as Roofe or Nketiah so maybe that is why the ball comes in more slowly than it should. Revs point about Harrison is fair - he needs to cross like he did for Roofe against Derby more often but would Bamford get on the end of that?

There are some real bright spots. Kiko has been a lot better, White has been sensational, Phillips if anything has kicked on, defensively we are better, we still create lots of chances but....

..... we don’t convert anywhere enough of those chances and we look a little lost sometimes as to where the creative spark will come to break down defences.

It’s all moving in the right direction but hard as he works and grafts it is just not happening for Bamford and he must be feeling that as much as we do. Surely it is time to tinker?

Although I have criticized bamford, to be fair to him, people like klich, alioski, Costa etc haven't weighed in with many goals, even cooper used to get an odd one from a corner, white, as superb as he is, never seems to be on the end of a corner, we can't solely rely on bamford/nketiah.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Although I have criticized bamford, to be fair to him, people like klich, alioski, Costa etc haven't weighed in with many goals, even cooper used to get an odd one from a corner, white, as superb as he is, never seems to be on the end of a corner, we can't solely rely on bamford/nketiah.
    Agreed.

Bout time a few others start to chip in with a few.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)