+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Council street lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Looked out tonight and although all the lighting on our street is on it’s very low in light, almost like it’s almost off.

Am I right in thinking I saw something last year in the Tizer that said the council did cut back on the power to street lighting or am I imagining this?
    Tell your lass the Council will have turned them down.
    Majority of Councils turn the power down to save cash and reduce carbon emissions.
    ‘‘Tis the way of the world and besides it could be worse...
    You could have the old gas lights on your street..😉

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Tell your lass the Council will have turned them down.
    Majority of Councils turn the power down to save cash and reduce carbon emissions.
    ‘‘Tis the way of the world and besides it could be worse...
    You could have the old gas lights on your street..��
    Reminds me of Fanny by Gaslight

ASD got the contract to make and supply the lighting didn't they? I've noticed a difference in my area since they brought in the LED lighting, around January. Before it was well lit, now its not! It's an effort to cut down on what is called 'lighting pollution' of the night sky. Apparently South Yorkshire and Rotherham in particular were ****s for bright lights 'polluting' the night sky.

So the council have listened to the 3 minority complaints from weirdos who stand on hills and look at the night sky, and decided its better to make areas and neighbourhoods feel less safe so a few people can see more stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    ASD got the contract to make and supply the lighting didn't they? I've noticed a difference in my area since they brought in the LED lighting, around January. Before it was well lit, now its not! It's an effort to cut down on what is called 'lighting pollution' of the night sky. Apparently South Yorkshire and Rotherham in particular were ****s for bright lights 'polluting' the night sky.

So the council have listened to the 3 minority complaints from weirdos who stand on hills and look at the night sky, and decided its better to make areas and neighbourhoods feel less safe so a few people can see more stars.

Careful, you’ll get Extinction Rebellion blocking your drive

Hazza thanks for that at least someone agrees it is actually happening

You should be thankful that the council are saving your public money by reducing the town's electricity bill. That way they can either return money to their loyal citizens or alternatively spend it wisely in making sure all their staff have attended their political correctness, sensitivity, inclusion.....training.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You should be thankful that the council are saving your public money by reducing the town's electricity bill. That way they can either return money to their loyal citizens or alternatively spend it wisely in making sure all their staff have attended their political correctness, sensitivity, inclusion.....training.
    It’s in support of multiculturalism

Everybody looks the same in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Hazza thanks for that at least someone agrees it is actually happening
    The workers fitting the new light on our street said the light would be directed away from houses and focused on the pavement and road. In effect less peripheral light shining into surrounding houses and gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The workers fitting the new light on our street said the light would be directed away from houses and focused on the pavement and road. In effect less peripheral light shining into surrounding houses and gardens.
    Just how burglars like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12