+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: O/T Council street lighting

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,997

    O/T Council street lighting

    Looked out tonight and although all the lighting on our street is on itís very low in light, almost like itís almost off.

    Am I right in thinking I saw something last year in the Tizer that said the council did cut back on the power to street lighting or am I imagining this?

  2. #2
    You still got the old orange neons or the new blue light ones?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You still got the old orange neons or the new blue light ones?
    New blue look like LED lights actually

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    New blue look like LED lights actually
    Yes they can turn those down centrally.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Looked out tonight and although all the lighting on our street is on itís very low in light, almost like itís almost off.

    Am I right in thinking I saw something last year in the Tizer that said the council did cut back on the power to street lighting or am I imagining this?
    Are you sure itís not time for a visit to Spec save Brin.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    864
    Looks like you,ll have to switch your own lights on instead of leaving the curtains open

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    Looks like you,ll have to switch your own lights on instead of leaving the curtains open

    Strangely enough thatís also what the Judge said to him

  8. #8
    A decision has been made to upgrade all the borough street lighting and in doing so are replacing the old style 500w bulbs with a Glow worm. The assertion that while walking home at night you now have more chance of walking into a lamp post than a drunk with 15 pints of magnet in him walking home during the day has not yet been proven.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Are you sure itís not time for a visit to Spec save Brin.
    Absolutely not, even her indoors mentioned how low they were shining hence me taking a look and agreeing with her.

    How to aid the scumbags heh...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Absolutely not, even her indoors mentioned how low they were shining hence me taking a look and agreeing with her.

    How to aid the scumbags heh...
    Well they are 2 for 1 a Spec save so you both can have a pair.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Looked out tonight and although all the lighting on our street is on itís very low in light, almost like itís almost off.

    Am I right in thinking I saw something last year in the Tizer that said the council did cut back on the power to street lighting or am I imagining this?
    Tell your lass the Council will have turned them down.
    Majority of Councils turn the power down to save cash and reduce carbon emissions.
    ĎĎTis the way of the world and besides it could be worse...
    You could have the old gas lights on your street..😉

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13,186
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Tell your lass the Council will have turned them down.
    Majority of Councils turn the power down to save cash and reduce carbon emissions.
    ‘‘Tis the way of the world and besides it could be worse...
    You could have the old gas lights on your street..��
    Reminds me of Fanny by Gaslight

  13. #13
    ASD got the contract to make and supply the lighting didn't they? I've noticed a difference in my area since they brought in the LED lighting, around January. Before it was well lit, now its not! It's an effort to cut down on what is called 'lighting pollution' of the night sky. Apparently South Yorkshire and Rotherham in particular were ****s for bright lights 'polluting' the night sky.

    So the council have listened to the 3 minority complaints from weirdos who stand on hills and look at the night sky, and decided its better to make areas and neighbourhoods feel less safe so a few people can see more stars.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    ASD got the contract to make and supply the lighting didn't they? I've noticed a difference in my area since they brought in the LED lighting, around January. Before it was well lit, now its not! It's an effort to cut down on what is called 'lighting pollution' of the night sky. Apparently South Yorkshire and Rotherham in particular were ****s for bright lights 'polluting' the night sky.

    So the council have listened to the 3 minority complaints from weirdos who stand on hills and look at the night sky, and decided its better to make areas and neighbourhoods feel less safe so a few people can see more stars.

    Careful, youíll get Extinction Rebellion blocking your drive

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    ASD got the contract to make and supply the lighting didn't they? I've noticed a difference in my area since they brought in the LED lighting, around January. Before it was well lit, now its not! It's an effort to cut down on what is called 'lighting pollution' of the night sky. Apparently South Yorkshire and Rotherham in particular were ****s for bright lights 'polluting' the night sky.

    So the council have listened to the 3 minority complaints from weirdos who stand on hills and look at the night sky, and decided its better to make areas and neighbourhoods feel less safe so a few people can see more stars.
    Hazza thanks for that at least someone agrees it is actually happening

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    ASD got the contract to make and supply the lighting didn't they? I've noticed a difference in my area since they brought in the LED lighting, around January. Before it was well lit, now its not! It's an effort to cut down on what is called 'lighting pollution' of the night sky. Apparently South Yorkshire and Rotherham in particular were ****s for bright lights 'polluting' the night sky.

    So the council have listened to the 3 minority complaints from weirdos who stand on hills and look at the night sky, and decided its better to make areas and neighbourhoods feel less safe so a few people can see more stars.
    You should be thankful that the council are saving your public money by reducing the town's electricity bill. That way they can either return money to their loyal citizens or alternatively spend it wisely in making sure all their staff have attended their political correctness, sensitivity, inclusion.....training.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You should be thankful that the council are saving your public money by reducing the town's electricity bill. That way they can either return money to their loyal citizens or alternatively spend it wisely in making sure all their staff have attended their political correctness, sensitivity, inclusion.....training.
    Itís in support of multiculturalism

    Everybody looks the same in the dark

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Hazza thanks for that at least someone agrees it is actually happening
    The workers fitting the new light on our street said the light would be directed away from houses and focused on the pavement and road. In effect less peripheral light shining into surrounding houses and gardens.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,997
    Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The workers fitting the new light on our street said the light would be directed away from houses and focused on the pavement and road. In effect less peripheral light shining into surrounding houses and gardens.
    Just how burglars like it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •