+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dubravka close to signing new deal

Dubravka close to signing new deal

Muy importante for us to keep him, and I'm glad that he's showing us some loyalty.

However, I also wouldn't blame him if, like rumours have suggested in the not-too-distant past, "bigger" European clubs came knocking that he'd take the chance and try himself somewhere else. Only because I know that he won't achieve anything exciting here seeing as the club holds no ambition to do so currently.

If he goes Freddie Woodman will have had a season at Swansea as first choice,
    He will be ready,

Ready for the Championship. Which is probably where we will be next season.

Dubravka deal will no doubt have a relegation release clause in it.Enjoy his last season here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Dubravka deal will no doubt have a relegation release clause in it.Enjoy his last season here.
    Aye and Woodman won’t want another season in The Second Division so we will be left with Darlow and Elliot

Good to hear but as other have said, he'll probably have a relegation clause.

I think Woodman would stay if we went down personally, at leats for a season anyway.