+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Hastie La Vista Baby

Comments from their 'fans' -

"we wont play many stronger pacier and better teams this season, we will be lucky to hold on here"

"They were absolutely dreadful like. As bad as any team I’ve seen here. To any Rotherham fans that may be reading this apologies if that sounds like sour grapes but it’s true, that said they still absolutely dominated the last 60 mins. They were bigger and stronger than us but a semi decent side would have buried us. We looked to have the better individuals, based on the first 25, but they were a far better team, fitter and hungrier."

You pays your money....

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Hastie La Vista Baby

Groan

Goal we conceded - probably not seen defending as bad as that since in the playground at Brinsworth infants school. Shocking. We generally played quite well, though it was the worst Sunderland side that I have ever seen. Mattock and Morris look fitter than they have done all season. Iversen played another blinder. Great goal for us, and one that our recently departed wingers wouldn't have scored. Yes, a well deserved point and we finished stronger than Sunderland. We also missed several reasonable chances, especially a close range header by Crooks

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Goal we conceded - probably not seen defending as bad as that since in the playground at Brinsworth infants school. Shocking. We generally played quite well, though it was the worst Sunderland side that I have ever seen. Mattock and Morris look fitter than they have done all season. Iversen played another blinder. Great goal for us, and one that our recently departed wingers wouldn't have scored. Yes, a well deserved point and we finished stronger than Sunderland. We also missed several reasonable chances, especially a close range header by Crooks
    Still dropping points from defensive errors.

A good point tonight but maybe 2 thrown away?

If you had offered me a point beforehand I’d have snapped your hand off. After watching the game though Sunderland are nothing but an average league one team who will do well to finish top 6. Mind you if every ref they have is as bias as that ref in the first half they’ll win the league. Two blatant penalty’s.

Wiles and Crooks were outstanding together in midfield.
    Hastie was unplayable at times and Morris has the best first touch in this division. He looks quicker than he ever has. Nailed on to score against the Shrews on Saturday.

All sounds very promising, perhaps we are starting to click now

I think the key issue that changed the game was we stopped them playing their passing game after 25 mins and then we dictated how the game was played which was more long ball than they were comfortable with.
    We grew into the game and were dominant in the second half and there was only one team going to win it.
    All of our midfield were fabulous as was the defence after the bad start winning the aerial battle.
    Referee was as bad as I've ever seen missing three stonewall pens in the first half. Hastie was body checked when clean through in the pen area.
    To be fair he did give us some sympathy in the second half with a lot of decisions going our way.

That was a top away performance for the last 65 mins though and very very encouraging
    Well done PW and all the players.

I expected them to be much better than what they were. The amount of fouls they got away with was unreal. The ref to his credit did have a half decent second half but my was he bad in the first half. No complaints about the penalty being awarded but how shyte was it struck! Good save Iverson but he could have thrown his cap on it and stopped it. Iverson made a couple of excellent saves last night but every single one of them played their part
    Onosunde had a mistake in him last night but he was up against their best player.
    Welcome back Mattock!
    Icky was great and Robertson was solid apart from the penalty that he gave away.
    Crooks is getting better with each game he plays
    Wiles is a joy to watch and now he's taking all of the set plays the team is getting better with him
    Lindsay I thought was solid in that holding role if it was a holding role he was playing. I certainly had him down for playing further up the field than he is but he has some steel about him and guile.
    Hastie, what a great game and a great finish for the goal!
    Morris's touch is brilliant! A class above the other strikers ont pitch last night and he wins so many headers.
    Freddy set up the goal and I thought that he must have gotten a bit excited when he passed it to Hastie, I had the feeling that he was giggling when he passed it. He had a decent game last night and is linking up well with Morris!
    Smith was more on it when he came on. It was as if the script was written for him to grab the winner but alas it wasn't to be!

I did get a bit nervous with the substitutions late on in the game. Replacing the forruds isn't the best thing to do to hold out in a game but we did.

I'm really enjoying this season! More competetive and better flowing football! More wins will come ans I'm sure of a good end to the season!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast