+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Couldn't get there myself with it being a school night but seems like we put up a good fight after the shock of conceding in the first minute. Will we ever play another game where Hastie doesn't score? Has he already notched more than last season's 4 wingers put together? Net result is we drop a place in the table but I guess we are looking up more than we are looking down.

Thoughts?

Great performance to battle back from an awful first 30 mins when we were being outran.

Wanted the game to go on as could see us scoring again but wasn't to be. I think there are some good additions to the side, Hastie standing out tonight, Morris getting pulled about but obviously has quality, Ladapo a bit erratic but lively and dangerous. Wiles looking very good, Lyndsey seemed very quiet but was always near the ball, getting touches in, putting pressure on, Crooks better than recent crits suggested with some good touches and moves. Backline got stronger but look likely to concede when under pressure.

Blood pressure soared but enjoyed my first Millers game this season and encouraged if we can keep gelling together. Good players in there.

(anyone got any iFollow tips for exiled UK fans who can rarely get to games, please p message ;-))

Great point and maybe could have been more.
    On a side note, Bolton have drawn 0-0 with Oxford. Maybe our 6-1 win was more credible than we first thought?
    On another side note, Bolton fans gave the ironic cheers when our attendance was announced on Saturday. Their crowd tonight was 6782!

Can’t make midweek away games but watched a lot of it on an iffy website, kept getting kicked off and screen kept freezing but from what I saw it’s starting to fell together, when Oggy comes back we’ll be a serious force.

Edit Bolton less than 7k for their first home game since saviour? Thought they’d sell out! Don’t deserve a football team!

A well deserved point. Icky MOM for me. Thought we won every header defensively today. We really need to stop switching off though at key moments of the game. Still dead chuffed with a point there and could have been more. Well done millers.

Really enjoyable game, well deserved point after that early setback.
    Needed to do more in and around the box second half which we did.
    Team showed character tonight.
    Lovely ground, don’t particularly like sitting high up, too far away from the action.
    My MotM was Jake Hastie, well taken goal and had the beating of their fullback.
    Their goal looked offside.
    Well done Millers.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 17-09-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Great point.

Onwards and upwards

Hopefully no injuries to worry about

dissapointed we didn't win but early doors.

Sunderland are only bigin name and support nowadays.
    rotherham as championship club looking for promotion should be going there and winning.

Iverson quality

Very good point and great character to get back into the game and end strongly - settling in well with some decent lads out injured as well

Ref

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast