+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: mansfailed 0 Cambridge 4

Love it.
    Mansfield fans crucified us during last season on their Stagsnet forum so I can't deny I'm enjoying their fall from grace. Carolyn Radford reminds me a bit of Karren Brady except I think Karren Brady is a little bit brighter and far more eloquent
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Radfords called it a day soon.

They're getting flak on stagsnet. And Carolyn also on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    They're getting flak on stagsnet. And Carolyn also on facebook
    I wonder if they would be interested in a local businessman and former chairman with league experience

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I wonder if they would be interested in a local businessman and former chairman with league experience
    Stranger things have happened!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Sadly, this is true. The money needed to compete even at the top of L1 is now insane; the Championship is even crazier. Look at Forest and the amount they spend to tread water in the second tier. So, what we used to consider the least we expected (L1 football) is now probably the best we can hope for.

Why bother? Well, what else are we supposed to do? It's not exactly a hobby you can quit easily. Besides, football can be fun at any level. Most fans are happy to go and watch a game where their team plays well and wins, no matter what division they are in. A win is a win. If anything, the higher up the ladder you go, the more removed you feel as a fan.

Anyway, we're currently in the fifth tier. That's two promotions away from the glorious promised land that is L1. Two promotions would be wonderful, even if it does mean we end up back where we were a few years ago.
    I could not agree more. One thing I’ve leaned about being in the fifth tier is a goal scored is just as good a feeling as it is in the third tier. Likewise so is a win.

Obviously we would all like Notts to play at the highest level possible, but if you are doing well in a league, scoring goals, keeping clean sheets and wining more games than you lose the level you are playing at can be far more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s awful how the Radfords project is going tits up, and not funny at all.
    Her make up bill alone could send them under.

It seems things are definitely not right up the A60:

"Mansfield Town Football Club can confirm that goalkeeper coach Ian Pledger, fitness coach Daryl Taylor and senior performance analyst Dan Ashby have been released from their contracts. The club believes that a fresh impetus is required within these areas of the football department".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

"Mansfield Town Football Club can confirm that goalkeeper coach Ian Pledger, fitness coach Daryl Taylor and senior performance analyst Dan Ashby have been released from their contracts. The club believes that a fresh impetus is required within these areas of the football department".
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Nolan taking over there very very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by calmpie View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Nolan taking over there very very soon
    He needs not trying to pinch Enzio of us.
    Last edited by navypie; 19-09-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    We shouldn't laugh really, we might end up with egg on our faces if Bromley turn us over 4-0 at the weekend , even after doing well last week i wouldn't rule anything out with Notts.
    True

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast