+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mansfailed 0 Cambridge 4

mansfailed 0 Cambridge 4

Wow they really have started the season poorly, reminiscent of us last year although admittedly they have a few more points on the board than we did at this stage
    I wouldnt be surprised if they decided to change their manager in the morning, i wonder if they would be interested in a local non league manager with league experience who has only lost 1 of his last 8 games

They're missing us and Chesterfield obviously 😂

Like us, Mansfield had a player sent off early in the second half.

Unlike us, who went on to record a famous victory, they caved in and shipped 4 goals in the last 20 minutes.

We played so well after Doyle had been sent off that NA is considering fielding only 10 players in future games.

I had a bet on Mansfield to be relegated at 50/1 before the season started, based on the fact that appointing the youth team coach as manager was more likely to be a Kiwomya type appointment than a 'next Eddie Howe' type appointment. I can't see them going down due to there only being one relegation place, but if they carry on like this I will get a good cashout option. Stagsnet tonight is in the meltdown mode we became familiar with last season, with little or no support for the manager. I understand the Radfords now live abroad, and the delightful Carolyn has been getting a fair bit of abuse on social media. They don't have a knee-jerk reputation for sacking managers, but after this result Dempster looks to be a dead man walking.

Never underestimate the huge hangover you get from losing in the play-offs, especially at the end of a season in which you looked odds-on to get promotion. We've twice been relegated a year after losing in the play-offs, S****horpe did it last season, Forest I seem to remember did it once and a number of other clubs also have. It's a massive psychological blow, and it takes a lot to recover and to start all over again.
    I can't see Mansfield being relegated, but I did predict a struggle for them this season and it looks to be happening.

It’s awful how the Radfords project is going tits up, and not funny at all.

I wanted to put on the record how disappointed I am with Mansfailed's start to the season and that I think Dempster should be immediately sacked.

Not.

Stagsnet on fire after that result
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 18-09-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Here's a great idea: let's sack the manager who got us to our best finish in years - a manager with plenty of experience, including one promotion - and replace him with the youth team coach. Because that almost always works out well.

It's amazing how quickly things can go tits up in football. I doubt they'll seriously struggle against relegation, but it looks like their promotion ambitions are in tatters - at least this season. The question really is how long will Radford be happy to chuck money at the club, especially considering the lack of return and continuing poor attendances.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 18-09-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Here's a great idea: let's sack the manager who got us to our best finish in years - a manager with plenty of experience, including one promotion - and replace him with the youth team coach. Because that almost always works out well.

It's amazing how quickly things can go tits up in football. I doubt they'll seriously struggle against relegation, but it looks like their promotion ambitions are in tatters - at least this season. The question really is how long will Radford be happy to chuck money at the club, especially considering the lack of return and continuing poor attendances.
    It seems now things aren't going so well, Carolyn Radford in particular is coming under some fire from their fans and they're likening her to Hardy! They've already moved out to Portugal, I don't think it will be long until they start pulling the plug

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast