+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Norwich City

Burnley v Norwich City

The City slayers are at the Turf, will we also get slayed ?

I think we might make a couple of changes Alto. Wood was bobbins on Saturday and Cork looked leggy, which is unusual for Jack.

Your mate Lennon needs putting out to grass, he was shocking (again!) We really need to win this one.

11/4 Norwich, might well be tempted to have an 'insurance' bet at that price, seems more than reasonable to me.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, it should be a really good game.

I certainly think Norwich will give us a game BT, they've beaten City and I saw their first game at Anfield when they went 3-0 down in 30 minutes. It was a false scoreline, they were all over Liverpool at the other end and could just as easily have been 3-0 up, the only difference was the finishing, they had as many chances as Liverpool but didn't put them away, Liverpool did.

I remember being 4-0 up against this lot and in the end we were hanging on at 4-4! That Ted McDougal was a right old handful.

I can remember a few years back at Carrow Road, we were 2-0 up at half time and outplaying them, Lambert changed things around at half time and they were then over-running us in midfield, while Laws stood on the touchline, arms folded, and did nowt about it, despite having Jack Cork sat on the bench behind him. Of course Norwich equalised in injury time, he was a waste of space was Laws.

Just checked the date of this game, it doesn't seem that long ago but it was actually nine years ago. It's scary, where does the time go ?

we dont have a CL game a few days later - so've no need to rest players - we also dont think we can beat them with our eyes shut, so shouldn't be gifting them goals - so....can we play as badly as many did for City on Saturday - well, from our most recent performance, that would have to be a yes - but as Norwich are yet another mediocre team of PL pretenders ....I think we have a chance.

I was at that game and in the first half Pato was running them ragged, at the end we nearly lost!

Norwich will come to East Lancashire full of confidence after their well deserved win last Saturday and go looking for the three points for sure.They were tipped by many as one of the three teams for the drop,and despite their early form I still believe that assumption to be correct. They play open attractive football and in Pukki they have a forward capable of getting a goal or two to help them along.After last Saturday , confidence will be as high as the sky and they will probably be in the mood to beat anyone.
    However, games are not won on paper, but on grass, and many a fancied team has arrived at the Turf and been sent home with their tails wagging behind them.
    I believe the Clarets will rise to the occasion, and with the backing of the crowd, will get the three points come 4.45 on Saturday tea time. This game , against this type of opposition is right up our street. We will win on Saturday in what may turn out to be a high scoring game ,and climb up the table.
    Anyone share my optimism ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)