+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birmingham City fined £42,500 after Jack Grealish was attacked by fan

Birmingham City fined £42,500 after Jack Grealish was attacked by fan

Huddersfield were fined more for wearing a joke sponsor in a friendly, meaningless game.

In the Huddersfield case that was preplanned and they knew the consequences

Short of installing barriers again I find it hard to blame clubs for these type of incidents. Take the away fans at NYS for example there have been many pitch incursions, with fans easily getting past the stewards.

That maybe so Grist ...but has anyone at NYS punched a player .. I'd fine them 42k and another 42k for each fan that laughed .cheered and applauded..then I'd fine them another 42k for the financial fair play rules .. and dock them another 15 points .instead of the pitiful deduction last season .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    In the Huddersfield case that was preplanned and they knew the consequences

Short of installing barriers again I find it hard to blame clubs for these type of incidents. Take the away fans at NYS for example there have been many pitch incursions, with fans easily getting past the stewards.
    Who did the Huddersfield prank hurt?

Oh look, Huddersfield are playing a friendly with a big paddy power logo. I think I’ll have a bet. Infact I think I’ll bet more than usual.

Oh look, my club will be docked points, sanctioned from signing players or fined a million pounds if I run on the pitch.

Which is more likely?

Maybe the club could sue the supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Maybe the club could sue the supporter.
    He spent a short time in jail and got a lifetime ban but imagine how hated he’d be if he got his club relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    That maybe so Grist ...but has anyone at NYS punched a player .. I'd fine them 42k and another 42k for each fan that laughed .cheered and applauded..then I'd fine them another 42k for the financial fair play rules .. and dock them another 15 points .instead of the pitiful deduction last season .

Nobody has punched a player.....yet

But if they did do so at NYS just what could the club do to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Huddersfield were fined more for wearing a joke sponsor in a friendly, meaningless game.
    Because they broke the rules which they knew they were.