+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T RIP Mick Bromley

O/T RIP Mick Bromley

I regret to announce the sad loss of my brother Mick Bromley. Some of you may know him during the late 70s early 80s playing for the Notts County Supporters Club football team.
    He was with me on Saturday at the Halifax game, took ill on Sunday and sadly he passed away on Monday.
    Recently he had been given the all clear after suffering stage 4 throat cancer and had entered the Robin Hood Half Marathon and was to run with his surgeon to raise money for the Notts Head and Neck Cancer Charity. His son will now run in his place. If anyone would wish to donate, please do so via the Just Giving website, Michael’s Page.

Quote Originally Posted by stewb View Post
    I regret to announce the sad loss of my brother Mick Bromley. Some of you may know him during the late 70s early 80s playing for the Notts County Supporters Club football team.
    He was with me on Saturday at the Halifax game, took ill on Sunday and sadly he passed away on Monday.
    Recently he had been given the all clear after suffering stage 4 throat cancer and had entered the Robin Hood Half Marathon and was to run with his surgeon to raise money for the Notts Head and Neck Cancer Charity. His son will now run in his place. If anyone would wish to donate, please do so via the Just Giving website, Michael’s Page.

So sorry for your loss stewb, didn't know him but he sounded like a real top bloke. My commiserations to you and all his family.

Very, very sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and all who knew and loved him.

Sorry to hear this. I played a few matches for the supporters club around that time so I’m sure our paths may have crossed at some point. Thoughts are with you and Mick’s family at this difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by stewb View Post
    So sorry to hear this Stewb... Cancer is a horrible disease, lost my brother to it a few months ago... I wish the best for you and your relatives in this tough time

Condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear that Stew, all the best to you and your family.

RIP Mick Bromley.

RIP Mick Bromley, l did not meet you but you were a Pie, good enough for me.