+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit subdued....

Bit subdued....

..from Saturday. I know we have never gone with the fake news that we had won the title in July that’s peddled by the media and just about a’body else bar anyone who actually follows, manages or plays for Dundee United. But let’s not go the other way and start to get all ‘pessimistic’ again. Saturday was not ideal, but we remain top and have a very good potential run of games coming up. (It actually feels like we’ve barely been at home so far with just two home league games from the start of August). BUT to refresh your memory, if it’s even needed, 12 months ago we were about to be thrashed, at home, by Ross County 5-1 going on 10. When you compare like with like, despite Saturday, we are in an indisputably better place so embrace it and keep the faith. I’m in hospo on Saturday and quite frankly, I’m going to be totally mad for it!

P2BAA.

Saturday is massive when it comes to the mood of the fans. If we win then it will be bolstered considerably. Anything else and the feeling of here we go again will start.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Saturday is massive when it comes to the mood of the fans. If we win then it will be bolstered considerably. Anything else and the feeling of here we go again will start.
    Spot on TTT. But, the fans were well up for it v ICT and then the Funsters and we need the same on Saturday as make no mistake, Arbroath will bring through a good 800-900 and be right behind their team. Get behind the team from the start is the motto - as a support we shouldn’t just sit back and wait for things to happen.

Yea we need a positive backing and good backing numbers wise, team deserves it so far

Reckon the reaction was disappointing and disproportionate to the negative side, we have a very good chance to get automatic promotion but we are going to lose atleast a handful of games on the way at the same time

I've no doubt we will make it 3 wins from 3 at Tannadice on Saturday, hopefully though the crowd is up for it after the derby etc

Despite the hype in some sections of the media and fan base of other teams, i think this place is a bit subdued because we are not getting carried away, or affected by a wee, and expected in some quarters, bump in the road.

Arbroath might be yet another banana skin along the road, but there are gonna be a few in the other 30 games still to come!

The stop start way the league games have come so far probably hasn't helped.
    We need to get back to 2 up front, high tempo. If we're going to win this league Arbroath or not these are the games we have to be taking 3 points from.

We have had a great start overall to season. Two home wins and its well above my expectations. My issue is with Robbie reverting to type after clearly showing he can steamroll this division with right formation. Hope its a blip. Fear its a cultural issue with him. systems dont win games but we seem to do well for 4 games then back to last season and before Robbie for Ayr game. Feed the Shanks and he will score.

I think some credit needs to be given to Ayr too...

Absolutely.

Arbroath are no mugs, but we need to beat them on Sat to regain our momentum.

Losing by two clear goals at Ayr will give every other team hope that they can unsettle us.

We've got to knock that on the head.

I think Robbie should send out the most attacking team he can muster and go at them hell-for-leather from the 1st whistle. The fans will respond to that, and hopefully the atmosphere and the players will feed of each other.

I think some credit needs to be given to Ayr too...
    agree but we knew the beast they would be and frankly struggled for 45 min to accomodate the pace. Gaps appeared. Appere up top and we would have countered much much better.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)