+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit subdued....

Think Arbroath will play with 4 in defence, 5 in midfield ( including 2 attacking midfielders ) and one up front.

Their winger Bobby Linn can also play up front and might get a free role.

Could be a tight match.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I don't think he's tactically negative, he had Shankland, Appere, McMullan, Pawlett and Stanton on and 2 forward thinking full backs on too.

Perhaps Not playing Appere up front in a previously successful 4-4-2 was his only tactical switch but I wouldn't describe that change as negative it could only be described as unnecessary.
    I'm talking about his entire tenure, not just one match.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I'm talking about his entire tenure, not just one match.

Ye I used the last game as an example but his entire tenure?

Think we should give Neilson a wee bit longer than 5 league games with his own team(even though we've gave ICT 4 & FUN 6)before we call him tactically negative.

Don't think you can judge it that way though because like when Levein came in, he steadied the ship, got short term results with Csaba team, then it tailes off by the window which at a transition period in the season, can only really judge it more after Jan window shut, I don't see it being negative since then as he had more confidence in the team he has, although he went conservative in certain games, it seen us beat county home and away keeping cleansheets and a whisker from making it 3 wins in a row against them if Gomis had cleared his lines in stoppage time

Example, qots at home, one of our rare home defeats in league around April time, 25-30 shots, missed lots of sitters and lost

Every league game this season I've seen (all apart from Ayr) we have been balanced but attacking and 20 shots suggest we weren't parking the bus

That's nonsense, I have supported all the previous managers we have had 100% and I still support Neilson. I didn't even want Laszlo sacked due to the stability of the club! Why does saying I think Neilson is tactically negative mean no manager on earth would satisfy me?
    You did say you were really disappointed in him, which is fair enough BTW. Ok, the last result wasn't good but it was away to probably the best other team in the league, certainly at the moment.

Based on what your said I reckon any manager would struggle to satisfy you if you aren't happy with the start we've made to this season, that's all.

Anyway, back on track, hit them with pace from the off. Nae 3 or 4 passes square at the back giving them a chance tae fall back into position and then we try tae pass through 10 guys. 'Mon United.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You did say you were really disappointed in him, which is fair enough BTW. Ok, the last result wasn't good but it was away to probably the best other team in the league, certainly at the moment.

Based on what your said I reckon any manager would struggle to satisfy you if you aren't happy with the start we've made to this season, that's all.
    You understand what entire tenure means yeah? Where did I say I wasn't happy with the start to the season?

Please dont let this result gloss over how utter ****ing ****e that display was!

^^this, dreadful

Where did I say I wasn't happy with the start to the season?
    I did say IF your weren't happy with the start.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)