+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T... Swinden House Moorgate

O/T... Swinden House Moorgate

Can anyone tell me if the building work has started on the land that was formerly Swinden Laboratories? The planning application was for a residential development. ( March 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the building work has started on the land that was formerly Swinden Laboratories? The planning application was for a residential development. ( March 2019)
    Not started yet, in fact it’s still open albeit with a skeleton staff, I’ve been told they’ll all be finished or transferred by October.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Hi Lincs, hope you are well.
    Are you thinking of migrating back to South Yorkshire ?
    Properties at the Swinden Lab site are supposed to start at around £165k and go up to 500k.
    Swinden House the Grade2 listed building according to plans last year is being turned into apartments.

I've not seen any building work. They have permission to demolish the lab buildings but the plans for residential have not yet been decided on.

Tata Steel took on a unit near Meadowhall earlier this year for relocation and the Moorgate site is up for sale to investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbiz View Post
    I've not seen any building work. They have permission to demolish the lab buildings but the plans for residential have not yet been decided on.

Tata Steel took on a unit near Meadowhall earlier this year for relocation and the Moorgate site is up for sale to investors.
    So planning was submitted in January 2018, has it been passed and waiting to be sold ?
    Looks a prime site for residential if the Council have changed it from Commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    So planning was submitted in January 2018, has it been passed and waiting to be sold ?
    Looks a prime site for residential if the Council have changed it from Commercial.
    No decision on the 2018 applications yet. The site was changed from employment to residential use through the local plan but the amount of affordable housing and levy payments are often sticking points.

If I was Tony Stewart I would keep my eye on this it’s the same grade listed building as guest & crimes.

Would have thought someone would snaffle this if its at the right price and the planning isnt too onerous

Hello Casperfrank... A return to good old Rotherham may be on the cards, we’ve seen a property adjacent to the Swinden site but I’d have like to have seen what’s going to be built before making a decision. By personal experience I’ve found that application plans aren’t worth the paper they are printed on. Hope you are keeping well mate and still getting to watch the Millers regularly.
    Thanks for all the other replies to my question

I would have thought that the money people across the road will be overjoyed about the development