+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves v Sporting Braga Europa League - Group K

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Sadly Bennett is starting to be singled out as the weak link from the stands, he has his limitations and his losing possession led to the goal but as you say Woody the problem is more widespread, half the team are below par.

It's all about fine margins... Cutrone had a couple of good chances, Dendoncker had one cleared off the line. If two of those had gone in we'd all be happy now.
    It is a game of fine margins, as you said. And we played poorly last night, but if not for Bennett's turnover, we have a point to start off the group stage. He was the weak link of the defense last season, and I thought he should have been adequately replaced over the summer. He's very out of form and that happens with players. But we either risk it and stick with him, hoping he starts to play better. Or we try someone else. Vallejo has the pedigree. I'd like to see what he could do with Coady and Boly next to him, rather than Coady and Bennett.

But he's not the only problem. Neves and Coady have been struggling at times as well. Jota isn't decisive and has lost chances due to that indecisiveness. I think Jimenez is just tired. He's played 50+ matches for club and country for like four of the past five years. Unfortunately, he won't get that rest til next summer if Mexico don't call him up since there's no major tournaments.

I don't think Wolves were as bad as many are making out, Bennett seems to be the latest in a long list of players who is getting blamed for our recent form. He made a mistake and it proved costly, but i ask why wasn't anyone following the goalscorer as he he got on the end of the ball? On another night Wolves could have scored a few goals, but we didn't, we live and learn.

This is just my own opinion, but i think we played a lot better on Thursday than we did against both Everton and Chelsea. There was more of a tempo to our play. In football though, as with the result, it only takes the one goal to win it.

You're correct, alll that matters is the result. I don't think we were bad, just not good enough, again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)