+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 32 week ban for Pedro

Personally I find it all a bit ridiculous. I’m yet to meet a former slave or slave trader in my 50 years and so don’t see how people can feel (or, as in most cases, pretend to feel) so offended.
    Are we supposed to hate people from other countries that we’ve ever had a war with, however long ago? (Before anyone gives it the nationalist v race excuse - we’re all people at the end of the day and if a race can be offended then so can a people from a country).

Pedros the last cnt to be commenting on someones appearance.

If I'd been the lad I'dve went to town on him after that tenfold then just let it go.

No need for a court case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    This is wall to wall on the news here as a general election is coming up.Tired of hearing it.
    Trudeau has spent his time in office screaming racist at anyone he disagrees with. It's no surprise he and those like him are shown to be utter hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Pedros the last cnt to be commenting on someones appearance.

If I'd been the lad I'dve went to town on him after that tenfold then just let it go.

No need for a court case.
    That's basically how I feel, deal with it on the spot. If what he did was bad enough then the club would be within their rights to sack him, endof.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Trudeau has spent his time in office screaming racist at anyone he disagrees with. It's no surprise he and those like him are shown to be utter hypocrites.
    Exactly, he is in power purely because of who his father was. Oh, and he's got nice hair.

Who was his father?

Pierre Elliot Trudeau, past Canadian PM.

Loved Pedro as a player but nobody can side with him here.Let himself down big style.Why it has taken this long to come to this decision is beyond me.

although i do agree we live in a world full of snowflakes. I do think in this instance Peter is in the wrong on this one.

I think its easy to allow our frustration with the current climate cloud judgement or understanding. For example some of the comments he made implying the black player "should be used to climbing" implying he's a monkey is bang out of order in my opinion. Often is see people say what if a black person calls a white person a cracker or a honey would the be uproar? although i see merit in this argument in this case that wasn't said, what was said is, a black player was essentially called a monkey and its just not acceptable.

I'm of the belief that "racist" incidents should be taken case by case with everything taken into consideration and we should not underestimate that racism still exist (look at Italy). Now i believe 90% of people are not racist even if they say questionable things including Peter i dont believe hes a racist however that doesnt allow him to make black players feel uncomfortable particularly young players.

I would like to see him back in the club though, many times in this situations the punishments are to severe and there is not path to redemption which actually makes the problem worse but i think the punishment given is fair and reasonable so i have no problem with that.

Thats my 2 c anyway

Well summed up nufcwelsh93

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)