+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 32 week ban for Pedro

He's been dealt with and regardless of the what's the why's, he's now going to carry that stigma which will likely see the end of his participation in anything at the top.
    Basically his 32 week ban is potentially a ban for life at the top.

Like everything in life, there's always two sides to every story or even more if there are more involved in the same reality of a story. Their different versions are told and it's basically down to a panel of judges, whether gowned or not to decide what's what.

Sometimes you get the feeling in this day and age of " enjoy your icons before we destroy them."
    I suppose most of us will never fully understand it all unless we're under that same cosh.

I'm pleased I'm on my way out of this life rather than coming into it.

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    although i do agree we live in a world full of snowflakes. I do think in this instance Peter is in the wrong on this one.

I think its easy to allow our frustration with the current climate cloud judgement or understanding. For example some of the comments he made implying the black player "should be used to climbing" implying he's a monkey is bang out of order in my opinion. Often is see people say what if a black person calls a white person a cracker or a honey would the be uproar? although i see merit in this argument in this case that wasn't said, what was said is, a black player was essentially called a monkey and its just not acceptable.

I'm of the belief that "racist" incidents should be taken case by case with everything taken into consideration and we should not underestimate that racism still exist (look at Italy). Now i believe 90% of people are not racist even if they say questionable things including Peter i dont believe hes a racist however that doesnt allow him to make black players feel uncomfortable particularly young players.

I would like to see him back in the club though, many times in this situations the punishments are to severe and there is not path to redemption which actually makes the problem worse but i think the punishment given is fair and reasonable so i have no problem with that.

Thats my 2 c anyway
    regardless of what he may or may not have done.
    i wouldn't like to see him back at the club as he doesn't seem to have been particularly successful in his coaching.

Aye, all other stuff aside, as a coach he had a very poor reputation and i wouldn't like to see him back.

One of my favourite NUFC players but being a good player doesn't always translate into being a good coach/manager.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    regardless of what he may or may not have done.
    i wouldn't like to see him back at the club as he doesn't seem to have been particularly successful in his coaching.
    He doesn't seem to have been overly well liked either and that along with respect goes a long way in relationships with younger members of staff.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He's been dealt with and regardless of the what's the why's, he's now going to carry that stigma which will likely see the end of his participation in anything at the top.
    Basically his 32 week ban is potentially a ban for life at the top.

Like everything in life, there's always two sides to every story or even more if there are more involved in the same reality of a story. Their different versions are told and it's basically down to a panel of judges, whether gowned or not to decide what's what.

Sometimes you get the feeling in this day and age of " enjoy your icons before we destroy them."
    I suppose most of us will never fully understand it all unless we're under that same cosh.

I'm pleased I'm on my way out of this life rather than coming into it.
    I agree with you on this..

Aye, his record as a coach was poor.

One thing i saw on Facebook was someone saying it was just banter etc. However, he was in a position of power over them, if they'd of gone back at him, they don't know how he could of reacted - he could of ended their careers to large degree.

That makes me very uneasy.

Loved him as a player but i think he was in the wrong here.

Peter Reid's got a f*cking monkeys heed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Thats offensive to monkeys

Has Pedro ever apologised? If he had I'd have thought the punishment is too severe.

If he hasn't, don't see how anyone can have any complaints.

In many companies, he'd have just been sacked for misconduct. Still a hero on the pitch in my eyes... but off the pitch, much less of one for not being the bigger man and saying that he was out of line.

Anyway, why am I complaining? According to some on here, the boys should have stopped being snowflakes and just climb the fu'cking tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    To be fair to Peter Reid he did always take it in fun and laughed it off even though the "joke" was on him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)