+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ICT v QOS

one thing im never going to bad mouth davy rae as he gave queens there most successful spel in the clubs history and was taking them in the correct direction ,but no one would step up and help him keep it going ,davy rae had us at the bench mark where queens need to be averaging over 3000 fans challenging for honors every season and having a decent budget to attract decent players ,the man needed backing at the time to keep it going as queens were at that point on the verge of taking it to the next level .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    one thing im never going to bad mouth davy rae as he gave queens there most successful spel in the clubs history and was taking them in the correct direction ,but no one would step up and help him keep it going ,davy rae had us at the bench mark where queens need to be averaging over 3000 fans challenging for honors every season and having a decent budget to attract decent players ,the man needed backing at the time to keep it going as queens were at that point on the verge of taking it to the next level .
    Love Davie Rae , he’s a true legend but under his leadership we nearly went bust due to an unpaid tax bill. That bill was only paid after a certain Mr Billy Hewitson stepped in and purchased some land off Queens. Some people have short memories eh !!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Love Davie Rae , he’s a true legend but under his leadership we nearly went bust due to an unpaid tax bill. That bill was only paid after a certain Mr Billy Hewitson stepped in and purchased some land off Queens. Some people have short memories eh !!!

tell me something a dont know johnny as i said before in my last post where was hewitson and the rest when davy was taking queens in the right direction ,thay waited until it went tits up before jumping in ,rather than helping davy rae keep moving queens forward thay waited until davy couldnt keep it going then stepped in ,look where we are now ,relegation budgets ,stagnation ,and soon looking to go even further in a backwards direction ,attendances are holding around 1,400 home fans id say which will soon drop away ,another couple of seasons of this and it will defo be part time football ,which will prob mean queens can exist under there current fan base and with a benchmark of avoiding relegation in the championship ,prob going up and down from the championship from time to time ,is this what the 5 or 600 fiathfull want as thats the numbers of fans that queens could be left with in this direction ,richie nicols solution is decent this fighting fund if its used in the correct manner to bump the player wage budget up to attract better players ,i want to see queens getting back to the benchmark davy rae had us at with a board of directors that have the clout to keep us there .

Round and round the Mulberry Bush we go.

OK let's look at facts, any business or football club cannot continue if it spends beyond its means and Thomas Cook is the latest sad statistic of that.

Whether any of us like it or not, spending beyond our means is not in the interests of Queen of the South FC or its loyal fans.

Instead of purporting that there are people out there who are willing to put a lot of money into Queen of the South, - perhaps you should suggest that they contact the chairman? I suspect that they might have their arms bitten off if there is a realistic and well thought through business plan, - but that of course remains to be seen.

This is all completely hypothetical of course, but in reality, we have a well run club with a decent set of players who could probably do better, and instead of wishing like every club in the land that we might reach some mystical state or even the SPL, - why don't we swallow some common sense and think to ourselves Thank God we have a club to support?

Yes, - some could argue that the BOD could do better, and maybe they could, but I'll tell you this, - QOS FC are in better shape than they've been for many years and the chairman and BOD have ensured that there is regular non-football income from the Arena, - which is absolutely critical in an era of falling attendances across the board.

Perhaps instead of criticising, we should take cognisance of that and also remember the fact that we were saved from liquidation and give them our support by turning up on a Saturday?

Don't get me wrong, - I'd love to see Queens performing better, - but we are participating in a competitive league where every fan from every club wants and expects their team to be the best. We can't all be the best, - certainly not all of the time, - so maybe we need to remove the rose coloured spectacles and swallow some common sense pills?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Round and round the Mulberry Bush we go.

OK let's look at facts, any business or football club cannot continue if it spends beyond its means and Thomas Cook is the latest sad statistic of that.

Whether any of us like it or not, spending beyond our means is not in the interests of Queen of the South FC or its loyal fans.

Instead of purporting that there are people out there who are willing to put a lot of money into Queen of the South, - perhaps you should suggest that they contact the chairman? I suspect that they might have their arms bitten off if there is a realistic and well thought through business plan, - but that of course remains to be seen.

This is all completely hypothetical of course, but in reality, we have a well run club with a decent set of players who could probably do better, and instead of wishing like every club in the land that we might reach some mystical state or even the SPL, - why don't we swallow some common sense and think to ourselves Thank God we have a club to support?

Yes, - some could argue that the BOD could do better, and maybe they could, but I'll tell you this, - QOS FC are in better shape than they've been for many years and the chairman and BOD have ensured that there is regular non-football income from the Arena, - which is absolutely critical in an era of falling attendances across the board.

Perhaps instead of criticising, we should take cognisance of that and also remember the fact that we were saved from liquidation and give them our support by turning up on a Saturday?

Don't get me wrong, - I'd love to see Queens performing better, - but we are participating in a competitive league where every fan from every club wants and expects their team to be the best. We can't all be the best, - certainly not all of the time, - so maybe we need to remove the rose coloured spectacles and swallow some common sense pills?
    Due to the Brexit fiasco there is unfortunately currently a shortage of common sense pills in the country as clearly evidenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Due to the Brexit fiasco there is unfortunately currently a shortage of common sense pills in the country as clearly evidenced.

and the voices of reason have spoken ,albeit from two fans who would be willing to accept queens in any division like a stranraer or annan just bobbing along ran well within there means with the highest ambition being the championship ,well lads that is exactly what your getting ,spike you better give boris johnston one of these common sense pills ,him and ferage both need them .

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Completely untrue.

sorry johnny i picked up the story wrong iv just got off the phone to the induvidual that told me about davy raes shares and he explaind davy has gave his shares back to the club not hewitson ,so where does that leave the situation lol .

Apologies are a good thing Francis. Mellowing is also a good thing as it allows you to channel your energies without jumping to conclusions.

Focus on what can be done as opposed to what might be possible in a fantasy world, stop dwelling on the worst possible outcomes and maybe some positives will shine through.

Yes that sounds like a tree hugging w***** but hey that's where I think the situation leaves us.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Apologies are a good thing Francis. Mellowing is also a good thing as it allows you to channel your energies without jumping to conclusions.

Focus on what can be done as opposed to what might be possible in a fantasy world, stop dwelling on the worst possible outcomes and maybe some positives will shine through.

Yes that sounds like a tree hugging w***** but hey that's where I think the situation leaves us.

jardi im still peed of with whos in control of queens ,and deek is right in another post there is two businessmen who have shown interest in investing in queens ,but wont until a certain individual on the board has walked away lol ,last time queens stagnated like this willie harkness got the wrath of the fans ,this time albeit its not as bad a situation as the harkness erra yet but its slowly getting there ,whoever is incharge of queens needs to do better and show some push to make the dumfries stay away public to stand up and take notice that queens mean business on the park .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    and the voices of reason have spoken ,albeit from two fans who would be willing to accept queens in any division like a stranraer or annan just bobbing along ran well within there means with the highest ambition being the championship ,well lads that is exactly what your getting ,spike you better give boris johnston one of these common sense pills ,him and ferage both need them .
    Francis you do not have a monopoly on passion that for sure and to suggest that any fan would be happy with a demotion clearly expresses your limited mindset and self centred nature.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)