+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: ICT v QOS

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    the thing is, most the queens fans dont see things happen until its far too late, then its 10 times harder to fix, i fear queens are going to end up like a stranraer or an annan or a montroes, it seems to me queens have a bunch of fans who see mediocrity as the norm and the board know this so theres no pressure on them to get there finger out,this is queens biggest downfall. i sometimes stand there in the terrace in disbelief seeing how easily most the queens fans take poor performances ,when im standing there effing and blinding every bad pass and wrong decision on the pitch,our board will never jump into action when our fans are so easily pleased. what is it going to take these days at palmy ,we are very very near as bad as the harkness days ,its only a matter of time i fear a relegation could spell further woes for queens,our board will then be in a position like falkirk are in, either get a good squad together and immediately get back up there which will cost ,or take a further backwards step by going part time and hope we can get the best part time players which will maybe see us go up and maybe have a few mid table seasons back in the championship,this im afriad is where i see some fans ambitions are ,totally unthinkable this scenario for me .
    Without the Arena & pitch hire money we would be playing at a lower level that’s for sure. Think before you post Mr Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Jeez...…………….is there a stuck record?

yes jardi it will always look like its a stuck record to blinkerd fans ,but as you see in here even theres more and more coming forward ,i reckon you jardi and the happy clapper crew are in the minority atm as most fans want action taken before its too late ,now i dont care what it takes but action needs done before its got to the place of no return ,surely you can see jardi surely .

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Without the Arena & pitch hire money we would be playing at a lower level that’s for sure. Think before you post Mr Douglas.

yes scooby that makes matters even worse ,as we are suppose to have cash coming in from these two projects adding to the crowd income and whatever else ,imagine if davy rae had this extra income coming in during his stewardship ??!! with decent crowds wanting to watch the queens back then im sure we would be in the spl by now ,surely you can see there has to be push from the board to get us back to that level of fanpower and to create that something needs to happen on and off the pitch to create a buzz around dumfries for queens ,atm its the exact opposite all i notice are people having a laugh about queens that buzz went bye bye in 2012 . and mr scooby why cant you reveal your own name as i have zero respect for anyones posts that hide behind fake names ,i know who most are on here anyways .

Fgs Francis you need to stop eating the lemons as your coming across as a very bitter man towards the chairman, you should maybe stop moaning like a spoiled little brat and find some way for our income to increase ps my name is Kevin robison have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    Ever body knows this midfield is not good enough for this league, so what now's happens, do we blame the manager for bringing in these players, where are the on loan players, you could critazise Naysmith, and i was one of them, but his own loan players were good.

Allegedly we tried to make a return for one of last year's loan players but were told if we wantef him we would have to buy him.

Fingers point to the budget, eg Surely we wouldn't have brought in a released player from a part time team a division below for any other reason than to make up the numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes scooby that makes matters even worse ,as we are suppose to have cash coming in from these two projects adding to the crowd income and whatever else ,imagine if davy rae had this extra income coming in during his stewardship ??!! with decent crowds wanting to watch the queens back then im sure we would be in the spl by now ,surely you can see there has to be push from the board to get us back to that level of fanpower and to create that something needs to happen on and off the pitch to create a buzz around dumfries for queens ,atm its the exact opposite all i notice are people having a laugh about queens that buzz went bye bye in 2012 . and mr scooby why cant you reveal your own name as i have zero respect for anyones posts that hide behind fake names ,i know who most are on here anyways .
    You just don’t get it Mr Douglas. If it wasn’t for Billy Hewitson’s vision and leadership we won’t be in the championship. The income from the Arena , the pitch , the KGV etc are , in my opinion , keeping us there. The BOD could quite easily gave up by now and went part-time but have decided against it so we’re playing at Championship level. Do you really want us to nearly go bust again after Davie Rae’s mistakes ?

By the way , the new insurance broker company in the Arena is a big financial boost for the club and you’ll never guess who arranges that deal. I’ll give you a clue , it wasn’t you.

It is clear to all that Francis is not open to rational debate and then absurdly labels anyone who disagrees with him as a happy clapper who only wants the club demoted to the lower divisions, then demands the contributers names for some unknown reason other than some form of insideous intimidation. Clearly went to the same diplomatic school as Trump and Boris.

Okay dokay: Could we concentrate our thoughts on what might be good for our club please?

Before Richie Nicol's great idea is overlooked, - can I suggest that we might all consider chipping in to the ring-fenced pot of gold for strengthening the team? There needs to be a few i's dotted and t's crossed in legal terms so that the money cannot be syphoned off for other matters, - but in essence I think the concept has a lot of merit and the new fund might help the BOD in their quest to strengthen the squad.

Given Francis' concerns about the chairman, - why doesn't he simply make contact with him and sit down and air his worries face to face rather than airing it in public? Mr. Hewitson is usually around the Arena at lunchtime, - and he may even give Francis a tour of the Arena to let him see what it has to offer and how it is contributing to Queens' budget.

Accusations, - whether true or false are hardly good for team morale, and simply shouting one's mouth off without knowing all the facts can have a damaging effect on other supporters perceptions of the club.

In difficult economic times, criticising the BOD, the manager and the players at every turn, - ignoring all the good things that have been done is psychologically damaging to everyone, - and could be seen as a type of bullying. Legitimate complaints are a completely different matter, but in the first instance they should always be discussed face to face, to at least allow the other party the opportunity to explain their position.

Ignoring budgets and the board. Let's concentrate on the players themselves. Irrespective of their conceived abilities, ie.. (are they good enough etc?) Does anyone think they are all giving it 100% effort every game? If you think they are, we are doomed. Personally, I feel the majority are just not giving enough towards the game. Too lightweight, no fight, no going the extra yard. NO PRIDE IN THEMSELVES! Mon the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Doontheroad View Post
    Fgs Francis you need to stop eating the lemons as your coming across as a very bitter man towards the chairman, you should maybe stop moaning like a spoiled little brat and find some way for our income to increase ps my name is Kevin robison have a nice day

cheers kevin im not moaning like a spoilt brat im simply mift at queens current predicament and theres only 2 ways for our income to increase ,more fans coming through the gates ,which aint going to happen until queens show big things on the park and your probably or should be aware what that takes if youv watched queens over lots of years ,only time queens have increased fanpower is by winning things and getting to cup finals and stuff ,so i think we can forget about that scenario atm ,the other scenario is investment from the people that run the club which would take quite alot of investment to get queens where thay need to be to attract the fans needed to sustain it by its self ,which doesnt look like happening either im afraid ,then you have the decent idea richie has come up with which has its merits depending on how much it generates ,so there it is ,your never going to increase gate numbers before success it doesnt work that way as iv heard ump**** times fans saying we need the fans coming through the gates to make the cash needed ,remember show success first then hope the fans buy into it and create a buzz in the town thats the only way forward .

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)