+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ICT v QOS

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Round and round the Mulberry Bush we go.

OK let's look at facts, any business or football club cannot continue if it spends beyond its means and Thomas Cook is the latest sad statistic of that.

Whether any of us like it or not, spending beyond our means is not in the interests of Queen of the South FC or its loyal fans.

Instead of purporting that there are people out there who are willing to put a lot of money into Queen of the South, - perhaps you should suggest that they contact the chairman? I suspect that they might have their arms bitten off if there is a realistic and well thought through business plan, - but that of course remains to be seen.

This is all completely hypothetical of course, but in reality, we have a well run club with a decent set of players who could probably do better, and instead of wishing like every club in the land that we might reach some mystical state or even the SPL, - why don't we swallow some common sense and think to ourselves Thank God we have a club to support?

Yes, - some could argue that the BOD could do better, and maybe they could, but I'll tell you this, - QOS FC are in better shape than they've been for many years and the chairman and BOD have ensured that there is regular non-football income from the Arena, - which is absolutely critical in an era of falling attendances across the board.

Perhaps instead of criticising, we should take cognisance of that and also remember the fact that we were saved from liquidation and give them our support by turning up on a Saturday?

Don't get me wrong, - I'd love to see Queens performing better, - but we are participating in a competitive league where every fan from every club wants and expects their team to be the best. We can't all be the best, - certainly not all of the time, - so maybe we need to remove the rose coloured spectacles and swallow some common sense pills?

Spot on Jardi.

Hewitson perhaps isn’t the most popular person for whatever reasons but without him I don’t think we would be the well established Championship team we are.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Spot on Jardi.

Hewitson perhaps isn’t the most popular person for whatever reasons but without him I don’t think we would be the well established Championship team we are.

johnny well established championship team ,camon ,queens are teetering on the bit under the budgets set by our board ,thats not established by any means and instead of using the word established id choose stagnated in the championship to be more appropriate .

i think begbie is talking sense here ,queens look to be heading in the wrong direction ,changes need made at board level .

Quote Originally Posted by tobbacoman View Post
    i think begbie is talking sense here ,queens look to be heading in the wrong direction ,changes need made at board level .

tobbacoman theres loads of queens fans out there that share what im saying ,but theres very few who will stick there heads above the parapit and message there feelings about things and what thay know ,these people should be on here getting there tuppince worth in .

OK let's look at facts, any business or football club cannot continue if it spends beyond its means and Thomas Cook is the latest sad statistic of that.
    Thomas Cook went under because it didn't move with the times. A bit like ourselves the last few years. Queens is a business. If the product is poor the customers disappear and the income drops with a knock on effect of less funds. Speculate to accumulate.

Whether any of us like it or not, spending beyond our means is not in the interests of Queen of the South FC or its loyal fans.
    To a degree yes but you have to invest in business to move forwards. If the BOD are not willing to invest then it's time to move over. As I said further up, our budget is starting to make us look uncompetitive as this level.

In reality, we have a well run club with a decent set of players who could probably do better, and instead of wishing like every club in the land that we might reach some mystical state or even the SPL, - why don't we swallow some common sense and think to ourselves Thank God we have a club to support?
    The last 4 years have been pretty mixed:
    A manager departing mid season for no reason (Skelton).
    Two managers sacked ( Fowler & Naysmith) and the current one not doing great so far.
    Off field scandal.
    3 players choosing to leave mid season.

Yes, - some could argue that the BOD could do better, and maybe they could, but I'll tell you this, - QOS FC are in better shape than they've been for many years and the chairman and BOD have ensured that there is regular non-football income from the Arena, - which is absolutely critical in an era of falling attendances across the board.
    The Arena is pointless if it's not benefitting the team. That's what it's here for.
    We have more generated income the club as ever had in its history! We should be seeing better on the park.

Perhaps instead of criticising, we should take cognisance of that and also remember the fact that we were saved from liquidation and give them our support by turning up on a Saturday?
    Spending got out of hand under a Davie Rae granted. We brought in players we just didn't even need. Happy balance between investment and over spending to rediculous levels.

Don't get me wrong, - I'd love to see Queens performing better, - but we are participating in a competitive league where every fan from every club wants and expects their team to be the best. We can't all be the best, - certainly not all of the time, - so maybe we need to remove the rose coloured spectacles and swallow some common sense pills?
    I don't think anyone expects us to be "the best" but we currently suffer from a major lack of ambition. Even when we were part time in this division the target was always top 4. Nobody knows what it is now as it's a secret society.

Infectious lot the BOD, even the wee group of mouthpieces have stopped spouting pish.

Ever body knows this midfield is not good enough for this league, so what now's happens, do we blame the manager for bringing in these players, where are the on loan players, you could critazise Naysmith, and i was one of them, but his own loan players were good.

the thing is, most the queens fans dont see things happen until its far too late, then its 10 times harder to fix, i fear queens are going to end up like a stranraer or an annan or a montroes, it seems to me queens have a bunch of fans who see mediocrity as the norm and the board know this so theres no pressure on them to get there finger out,this is queens biggest downfall. i sometimes stand there in the terrace in disbelief seeing how easily most the queens fans take poor performances ,when im standing there effing and blinding every bad pass and wrong decision on the pitch,our board will never jump into action when our fans are so easily pleased. what is it going to take these days at palmy ,we are very very near as bad as the harkness days ,its only a matter of time i fear a relegation could spell further woes for queens,our board will then be in a position like falkirk are in, either get a good squad together and immediately get back up there which will cost ,or take a further backwards step by going part time and hope we can get the best part time players which will maybe see us go up and maybe have a few mid table seasons back in the championship,this im afriad is where i see some fans ambitions are ,totally unthinkable this scenario for me .

Jeez...…………….is there a stuck record?

Jeez...…………….is there a stuck record?
    As before Jardi simply busted.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)