+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ICT v QOS

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    What pains me the most is we currently have the best striker we probably will ever have, certainly in our generation, playing for the club yet we can't get a decent squad behind him.

If ever there was a chance to gain promotion or at the very least get a top 4 it's right now yet out BOD aren't willing to gamble for one season and give it ago.

Sorry but for me its time for a change at the top and fast.
    All well and good Deek as most of us would like to see something in the way inspiration from the board but is there actually anyone out there who has made it known that they are prepared to pump their own hard earned money into the club? Additionally they would have to be subjected to due and diligent assessment to ensure we do not end up with one of those con artists who essential bleed the club to the point of near extinction as has the case too numerous times in history, it is a long painful list. There would be no short term effect either as the transfer window is shut until January anyway so we are stuck with the squad of players we have therefore we just have to get behind them in the meantime and hope that we can start scoring again as that seems to be the major issue at the moment.Too few goals!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    All well and good Deek as most of us would like to see something in the way inspiration from the board but is there actually anyone out there who has made it known that they are prepared to pump their own hard earned money into the club? Additionally they would have to be subjected to due and diligent assessment to ensure we do not end up with one of those con artists who essential bleed the club to the point of near extinction as has the case too numerous times in history, it is a long painful list. There would be no short term effect either as the transfer window is shut until January anyway so we are stuck with the squad of players we have therefore we just have to get behind them in the meantime and hope that we can start scoring again as that seems to be the major issue at the moment.Too few goals!!

oh and i see richie nicol is organising a fighting fund over on the facebook site for fans to invest to give the manager cash for players ,maybe you and jardi could donate to this ?? especially jardi who runs a thriving business lol .

so what your saying spike and jardi is our board have not got the financial muscle to move queens forward ,which leads us back to what some of us fans are saying why arnt thay looking to punt queens on to someone who can or even scour the planet for people with finacial muscle to join them ,il tell you why spike our current board want queens all to themselfs and would turn down anyone wanting to take over or hold out for silly money for them to buy them out same difference both ways ,which aint going to happen so thay need to just walk away ,and to the part where you say theres no one interested ,i reckon your wrong on that front aswell ,iv heard from a few inside sources that there has been at least two people interested in getting involved with queens board ,however who in there right mind would invest while hewitson is in charge .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 23-09-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    oh and i see richie nicol is organising a fighting fund over on the facebook site for fans to invest to give the manager cash for players ,maybe you and jardi could donate to this ?? especially jardi who runs a thriving business lol .

so what your saying spike and jardi is our board have not got the financial muscle to move queens forward ,which leads us back to what some of us fans are saying why arnt thay looking to punt queens on to someone who can or even scour the planet for people with finacial muscle to join them ,il tell you why spike our current board want queens all to themselfs and would turn down anyone wanting to take over or hold out for silly money for them to buy them out same difference both ways ,which aint going to happen so thay need to just walk away ,and to the part where you say theres no one interested ,i reckon your wrong on that front aswell ,iv heard from a few inside sources that there has been at least two people interested in getting involved with queens board ,however who in there right mind would invest while hewitson is in charge .
    Name names Francis rather than this continual speculation on your part as to who is out there prepared to take Queens forward by investing large sums of their own money in our club. I have invested in the club through the purchase of a season ticket for many a year, a couple of the yearly Queens draw tickets and I am also a shareholder.
    Last edited by Spikefaethesouth; 23-09-2019 at 01:13 PM.

I thought Richie Nicol's idea was a very sensible and practical way of creating a ring -fenced fighting fund for players.

Quite frankly, I find your threatening tone quite off-putting Francis and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Iv heard the same rumour that there are two local business men who would be willing to take over and make funds available.

You just have to look over the last ten years and where we have been. We are currently declining at a rapid rate.
    I'm not suggesting that we should be going for broke but the current budget is now starting to make us uncompetitive in this division and we are just going to end up driving the next generation of young fans away and back to being the pub team we were before the John Connolly years.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Quite frankly, I find your threatening tone quite off-putting Francis and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    It’s called passion Jardi, Francis is as angry as most fans with the lack of investment at Palmerston these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post

Silly money to buy them out !! What the hell you talking about ? The BOD of Directors don’t own the club , it’s owned by its shareholders. You don’t half talk some ****e.

I thought Richie Nicol's idea was a very sensible and practical way of creating a ring -fenced fighting fund for players.

It’s an excellent idea that’s works elsewhere with other clubs and we’ve a person involved now who’ll push it forward. I for one will be making a monthly donation.
    You’re best to ignore Francis Jardi. I’d rather listen to a successful businessman than that idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Silly money to buy them out !! What the hell you talking about ? The BOD of Directors don’t own the club , it’s owned by its shareholders. You don’t half talk some ****e.

lol scooby blue do you live in cloud cookoo land or what who is the main share holder with the controlling stake ,il tell you shal i ,hewitson !

for starters jardi ,where have i said richies idea is a bad one i personally think its a great idea ,and secondly im baffled at where you see this threatening tone lol makes me laugh that one .tho yes i have been known to give it back to the have a go heros like scooby blue and aloreburn who just spout cheek and bile behind there keyboards when thay dont agree with people ,more and more people are now coming out show there frustration at how queens are going and where there looking like heading and want to see some action taken ,jardi another 1 or 2 seasons of queens going the way thay are with relegation budgets and poor squads youl find less and less fans defending the board ,which by then will probably be too late to address the issue .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 24-09-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)