Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
Round and round the Mulberry Bush we go.

OK let's look at facts, any business or football club cannot continue if it spends beyond its means and Thomas Cook is the latest sad statistic of that.

Whether any of us like it or not, spending beyond our means is not in the interests of Queen of the South FC or its loyal fans.

Instead of purporting that there are people out there who are willing to put a lot of money into Queen of the South, - perhaps you should suggest that they contact the chairman? I suspect that they might have their arms bitten off if there is a realistic and well thought through business plan, - but that of course remains to be seen.

This is all completely hypothetical of course, but in reality, we have a well run club with a decent set of players who could probably do better, and instead of wishing like every club in the land that we might reach some mystical state or even the SPL, - why don't we swallow some common sense and think to ourselves Thank God we have a club to support?

Yes, - some could argue that the BOD could do better, and maybe they could, but I'll tell you this, - QOS FC are in better shape than they've been for many years and the chairman and BOD have ensured that there is regular non-football income from the Arena, - which is absolutely critical in an era of falling attendances across the board.

Perhaps instead of criticising, we should take cognisance of that and also remember the fact that we were saved from liquidation and give them our support by turning up on a Saturday?

Don't get me wrong, - I'd love to see Queens performing better, - but we are participating in a competitive league where every fan from every club wants and expects their team to be the best. We can't all be the best, - certainly not all of the time, - so maybe we need to remove the rose coloured spectacles and swallow some common sense pills?

Spot on Jardi.

Hewitson perhaps isn’t the most popular person for whatever reasons but without him I don’t think we would be the well established Championship team we are.