+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Thomas Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Anybody who actually went in and coughed up needs to be watered several times a day, kept in a padded cell for their own safety and fed through a straw so they don't hurt themselves with a knife and fork.
    There was an old couple on the tv who looked pretty frail and vulnerable who had been contacted by their local TC branch and told they needed to go in on Saturday to pay a £600 balance. They were assured it was business as usual which given how precarious things were is quite damning on TC management

I agree with you 68 but suspect it’s not always so straightforward especially with folk who are elderly or vulnerable who have clearly been exploited

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    There was an old couple on the tv who looked pretty frail and vulnerable who had been contacted by their local TC branch and told they needed to go in on Saturday to pay a £600 balance. They were assured it was business as usual which given how precarious things were is quite damning on TC management

I agree with you 68 but suspect it’s not always so straightforward especially with folk who are elderly or vulnerable who have clearly been exploited
    That's disgusting '39, they weren't just praying on their vulnerability but their intrinsic morals and honesty too. TC knew they were going down. There's an argument to suggest the couple you mentioned should still pay what they owe so the business remains fluid and in the worst event money can be passed onto creditors. £600 on it's own would never cut it though and would have gone to paying insolvency teams. I feel sorry for those who've lost their jobs but I'd feel even worse for those pensioners to lose another £600 on top of their initial outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    ........She is spot on...."Change is coming".....and like that old game of hide and seek.....which goes..."Coming,coming ready or not..."
    It certainly is Dubbs.

That's disgusting '39................
    ....... meanwhile https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49805534.

I feel sorry for those who've lost their jobs but I'd feel even worse for those pensioners to lose another £600 on top of their initial outlay.
    It seems only the directors at TC have salvaged anything from this mess. You're correct 68 about the staff and customers but what about all of the suppliers owed cash who undoubtedly will be on extended payment terms just for the 'privilege' of supplying TC? I've no doubt a few perfectly viable businesses may go under.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)