+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Mannies Rugby

Proper Mannies Rugby

Nae really, that's the Six Nations. But the Rugby World Cup starts today so it'll hopefully prove a welcome distraction from the Dons tepid start to the season. Japs should beat the Russkies in the first game but the real fun will start with Frogs v Argies then AB's v Saffers both on Saturday morning.

Quite an open World Cup with the All Blacks not looking their usual dominent self. England alas look very strong as do Wales. Scotland come into the tourney off nae a great 6 nations in which, apart from the second half against England, they always looked as if they would leak a load of points.

Favourites - New Zealand
    Form Team - Saffers
    Dark Horses - France

I look forward to Mason's contributions being limited to a snidey "I agree" and everyone else making veiled and not-so-veiled references to rugby players and homo***uality.

Christ min, you can hardly blame them.
    The news has been full of some rugby playing Welsh p'oof.

I might, just might watch a couple of games.

As long as England get knocked out early I'll be happy.

Edit: on a more positive note, I hope they all catch their eggs.

My old boy is away across for two weeks. Three group games(2 Scotland) and two quarter finals hes getting. His third WC in four. Nae final this year though

Ive always fancied Japan for a trip.

Anyone but England

Yon Folau boy protests too much too.

I reckon Ireland Scotland could be a good game - unfortunately my local's an Irish bar

I used to enjoy watching international rugby, but since professionalism I think it's less of a spectacle.
    To my eye, there's much less spontaneity and excitement, it always seems to be gain-line, physicality and phases.

Still hope Perfidious Albion get humped like.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I used to enjoy watching international rugby, but since professionalism I think it's less of a spectacle.
    To my eye, there's much less spontaneity and excitement, it always seems to be gain-line, physicality and phases.

Fair enough. Personally, apart from the Dons and maybe Scotland, I find watching fitba to be enormously dull and would far prefer watching any rugby, cricket or baseball game. Different strokes...

Japs win easy in the first game as expected.

I concur with the boards opinion. The sooner England are papped out, the better.

Scotland aren't getting past the quarter finals because if we get there, it will be against NZ or South Africa.

Rugby players have become enormous, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them were on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

A lot of truth in that like.

Far too much s’hitey American razzmatazz for my liking.

From the pre match “look at my muscles “ player profiles ( surely only of any interest to p’oofs and lassies) to approximately 500 substitutions in the second half.

In fact, it’s all s’hite isn’t it?

Maybe I won’t watch any of it after all.

I quite enjoy watching it. Not the slightest clue what's going on though. I get the basics but nae idea how penalties come about or advantages (?) and what determines where the guy takes his conversion (?) kick from after a try?

I might google the rules one day.

Well, I've broken my boycott early.

Just watching the second half of France v Argentina

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast