+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Political correspondent Patrick Burns.

Political correspondent Patrick Burns.

The know it all chappie off Midlands Today. No he hasn't died yet, but have you noticed he has a face like an onion?
    He must be vain as he has had the birth mark removed, but a waste of time being vain if your head resembles an onion.
    On a brighter note, a model of his head would make a cracking stew jar.
    A face only a mother could love.

When he was born the midwife took one look at him and slapped his mother Des!

He’s got one of those strange upturned mouths that make him look as if his head is on upside down!

He’s another example of why the BBC is not fit for purpose by the way.

Why does each BBC region need its own political correspondent etc?

Why does BBC radio need a mirror person for each of its positions per region?

The weather people at the BBC must be tripping over each other......FFS.....surely the same person can do both mediums and save wasting our money.

I don't understand why it takes so many people to present a half hour programme. A weather girl, an anchor, a political correspondent, a sports "expert" etc.
    Surely one person could read all the scripts for just half an hour. Not as bad as it used to be when there were two anchors and one started a sentence and the other finished it.
    Bring back Suzanne Virdee i say, get her reading the news on the coach in a short skirt and legs apart and you would see the ratings go up.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    ............Bring back Suzanne Virdee i say, get her reading the news on the coach in a short skirt and legs apart and you would see the ratings go up.
    Calm yourself before something else goes up Des' ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3gjDRkhvxM

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I don't understand why it takes so many people to present a half hour programme. A weather girl, an anchor, a political correspondent, a sports "expert" etc.
    Surely one person could read all the scripts for just half an hour. Not as bad as it used to be when there were two anchors and one started a sentence and the other finished it.
    Bring back Suzanne Virdee i say, get her reading the news on the coach in a short skirt and legs apart and you would see the ratings go up.
    Ah dear Suzanne.......a surprise she’s not turned up elsewhere.

The “double act” on Central News is as bad as it gets with that dithering old f a r t Bob Warman.

His face needs scaffolding these days it’s so saggy and even after 45 years on screen he’s still not funny ( neither is Nick Owen!! )

War man is the epitome of “smug”.

I once viewed a house just after Warman and his missus and was told be the owner that Warman had offered to write out a cheque for the place “on the spot” if his wife wanted the house.

1/ You can’t buy a house on the spot!

2/ Talk about a posturing,arrogant display.

You’re nearly dead Bob.......retire and give that face a rest!

This bloke was almost in tears when reporting from Brum on the morning of the vote to leave the EU. He really does look like death warmed up

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Ah dear Suzanne.......a surprise she’s not turned up elsewhere.

The “double act” on Central News is as bad as it gets with that dithering old f a r t Bob Warman.

His face needs scaffolding these days it’s so saggy and even after 45 years on screen he’s still not funny ( neither is Nick Owen!! )

War man is the epitome of “smug”.

I once viewed a house just after Warman and his missus and was told be the owner that Warman had offered to write out a cheque for the place “on the spot” if his wife wanted the house.

1/ You can’t buy a house on the spot!

2/ Talk about a posturing,arrogant display.

You’re nearly dead Bob.......retire and give that face a rest!
    Bob lives a few hundred yards away from me Mick. He's almost a neighbour of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Bob lives a few hundred yards away from me Mick. He's almost a neighbour of yours.
    He needs to spend more time tending his roses.......he’ll be pushing them up soon!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)