+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex Employees Of The Club You Forgot All About

Ex Employees Of The Club You Forgot All About

I was reading a book (Fifty Years of Scottish Football by John Litster) and a name popped up in in that made me think " he played for us did he not" and had to look him up

2005/06 season and ten appearances.

Danny Griffin

Totally eradicated from my memory until it was jogged by reading his name. I cant even picture him in a Dons top

On reading about Neale Cooper's death, I had no idea that he had rejoined the club in 1990. Perhaps not surprising as he played 0 matches and it was before the advent of fans forums like these on t'internet...

Griffin I remember, in particular for a game at Tynecastle.

Jimmy Magonywood introduced a few of these short-termers like McFarlane, Bus, Snoyl, Griffin and the like who made little or no impression in their brief time at the club....Snoyl did perhaps better than the others listed here

Jamie Clark, a defender signed from America on loan during the Skovdahl era.

David Lilley, signed as part of the deal (£100k) that took him & Jamie McAllister to the Dons from Queen of the South

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was reading a book (Fifty Years of Scottish Football by John Litster) and a name popped up in in that made me think " he played for us did he not" and had to look him up

2005/06 season and ten appearances.

Danny Griffin

Totally eradicated from my memory until it was jogged by reading his name. I cant even picture him in a Dons top
    I do remember Griffin and I have a vague recollection of him doing ok in a couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    On reading about Neale Cooper's death, I had no idea that he had rejoined the club in 1990. Perhaps not surprising as he played 0 matches and it was before the advent of fans forums like these on t'internet...

Griffin I remember, in particular for a game at Tynecastle.

Jimmy Magonywood introduced a few of these short-termers like McFarlane, Bus, Snoyl, Griffin and the like who made little or no impression in their brief time at the club....Snoyl did perhaps better than the others listed here
    Dave Bus ranks for me, along with Harldur Ingolffsson, as the worst ever for us.

His first half display at Inverness (he got hooked at the half) is I think the worst performance I have ever seen.

I was at quite a few games involving Youl Mawene but have no memory of him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Jamie Clark, a defender signed from America on loan during the Skovdahl era.

David Lilley, signed as part of the deal (£100k) that took him & Jamie McAllister to the Dons from Queen of the South
    There was a totally foundation-less rumour did the rounds that Jamie Clark was Bobby Clark's son.

Lilley played for us for a wee while, but my main recollection of him us when he came back and scored the winner for Partick Thistle against us in a 1-0 at the Pitt.

I recall there was a run of games in the Patterson era where Partick came up here and beat us 1-0.

Tom Jones. Swindon Town. Just popped back in to my head just now. He wasn't too bad.

I remember Tom Jones equalising with a late penalty at Aidscastle for a 2-2 I think.

He was possibly the quintessential Ian Porterfield signing.
    Gary Hackett being another.

Aye he was.

No memory of Griffen at all.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast