+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Footymad

RIP Footymad

Is it just me or has this site really got so bad? The last 10 threads really tells you doesn’t it. I know i’ll get told, either you like it or don’t bother coming in here. This baggie mad site has really become sh it it’s pointless looking for a decent topic. I’m sure the regular posters won’t agree but for those frequent visitors, more a spectator must wonder the same as me? Used to be a good place with the likes of bedford baggie and DV, northy etc. All doom and gloom. I think i found the piles thread far more interesting than the recent topics of late.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Is it just me or has this site really got so bad? The last 10 threads really tells you doesn’t it. I know i’ll get told, either you like it or don’t bother coming in here. This baggie mad site has really become sh it it’s pointless looking for a decent topic. I’m sure the regular posters won’t agree but for those frequent visitors, more a spectator must wonder the same as me? Used to be a good place with the likes of bedford baggie and DV, northy etc. All doom and gloom. I think i found the piles thread far more interesting than the recent topics of late.

Perhaps, you don't like anything about leave and the democratic vote. The posts rightly or wrongly are representative of what the majority think! People like Bercow, Corbyn, Major, Clarke, Swinson, Miller, our 123, are fueling the fire for leavers. The amount of remainers that are now turning to leavers is growing due to the lot mentioned above, and many more like them!

Anyway back to footie - lets hope our Charlie gets a few on Sunday!

PS - I find many posts from Boingy, Mick, Leicester, Stripes, 68 really entertaining coupled with the dry humor from Des and Chris!
    Last edited by baggieal; 20-09-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Perhaps, you don't like anything about leave and the democratic vote. The posts rightly or wrongly are representative of what the majority think! People like Bercow, Corbyn, Major, Clarke, Swinson, Miller, our 123, are fueling the fire for leavers. The amount of remainers that are now turning to leavers is growing due to the lot mentioned above, and many more like them!

Anyway back to footie - lets hope our Charlie gets a few on Sunday!

PS - I find many posts from Boingy, Mick, Leicester, Stripes, 68 really entertaining coupled with the dry humor from Des and Chris!
    Let’s not go there about leave or democratic vote, with my understanding of it all and your understanding of - it cannot be fully discussed on an online forum without it being misinterpreted - simply no point on an online forum. I’ve said before, I voted remain but i’m not totally against leave.. as I think it can work in the longer term.
    Back to my point, this site is the sh it, it’s been going downhill for some time.

Let’s not go there about leave or democratic vote, with my understanding of it all and your understanding of - it cannot be fully discussed on an online forum without it being misinterpreted - simply no point on an online forum. I’ve said before, I voted remain but i’m not totally against leave.. as I think it can work in the longer term.
    Back to my point, this site is the sh it, it’s been going downhill for some time.

Rather than whinge like Berahino - start a good thread then. There’s your answer!

Plenty of non Brexit subjects - Lai - Peace - Thomas Cook - Price of Strawberries - Who’s shagging Sally Bercow 😭😭

Have you ever thought about starting your own posts Regis.

Something erudite and exceptional to get all of our juices going?

If you’re not contributing topics I don’t see how you can complain.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Have you ever thought about starting your own posts Regis.

Something erudite and exceptional to get all of our juices going?

If you’re not contributing topics I don’t see how you can complain.
    I rarely post and i'm hardly going to change that, I am more a spectator. I simply won't start a new thread for the sake of it. If I do, it'll be about some topic I want to talk about, but other than that I'm here to just nose and read about the Albion.
    You have to ask yourself, how many new baggies fan signed up to this site in the past year? Hardly. You only have to think back to the time when posters on here would do those tours on other message boards. Jeez, what a change this site has gone through. There isn't anything great about this site, it is the same ol same ol. Just my reflection on this site.

I rarely post and i'm hardly going to change that, I am more a spectator. I simply won't start a new thread for the sake of it. If I do, it'll be about some topic I want to talk about, but other than that I'm here to just nose and read about the Albion.
    You have to ask yourself, how many new baggies fan signed up to this site in the past year? Hardly. You only have to think back to the time when posters on here would do those tours on other message boards. Jeez, what a change this site has gone through. There isn't anything great about this site, it is the same ol same ol. Just my reflection on this site.

Your wrong!! Look at the other sites - Dingles Mad is like a cemetery and Vile Mad have lost almost every poster - in fact they are lucky to get 3 posts per day. Albion Mad still get a load of threads from numerous posters which is pleasing with some amusing threads.

If you love Albion then start a thread about Lai, Peace, Baggie Bird or even the security bollards! Even a museum instead of Greggs would wet ones appetite!

Moaning without posting is a bit like ranting and raving and not going to a match,

Here’s a good thread - robbing ****ers at Leeds charging 39 quid a ticket!! That said - come to the Peacock around 6.30 before the game and we could have a good old whinge together! How about it?
    Last edited by baggieal; 20-09-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Totally agree Regis, I am sick and tired of hearing about the B word. I thought this was a site where we could share our thoughts about our shared love of a certain football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsombaggie View Post
    Totally agree Regis, I am sick and tired of hearing about the B word. I thought this was a site where we could share our thoughts about our shared love of a certain football team.
    I'm so glad you agree Epsom, it just isn't a laugh here anymore is it? It is about time someone pointed this out. It is almost like turning on a News Channel only it is even worse - every single day, hearing the same ol tripe (no offence). I genuinely thought the thread about Piles was finally something away from the usual negativity and that is saying something. Folk on here really should think about it, for their own sake and other posters.

Baggieal - even your suggestions aren't exactly what is going to help this problem. There is no fun in what you are suggesting. Yes I come on here mostly to read without posting myself, so what. I'm just saying, it has gone so downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsombaggie View Post
    I just don’t get this.

You and Regis think the site is now rubbish but you’re obviously still reading it.....why?

Neither of you contribute a topic so you’ve no possible reason to moan.

As for the general demise of the FootyMad empire.

It was never that popular if you bothered looking around other clubs,Blues fans site was always dead for local example.

Times have moved on,a lot of people who did post on here now stay in touch by Facebook.

People use Instagram and Snapchat and the like.....I don’t.

This type of site is now “old hat”.

Moaning about it though is like “Mary Whitehouse Syndrome”.......nobody can make you view it,just ignore it if it’s not useful anymore.

I guess I know I’m conversating with a dozen people who’s humour I enjoy,nothing more.

Each to their own.....if it’s not for you then move on without rancour.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)