+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bury

Bury

Should they be allowed back into the League? I think expulsion means just that,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49776759

What would be the point of having rules otherwise?

Tbh if they have a sound and sustainable business plan I'd be happy to see them back in. The FL rules are jokes either way, with people only failing FAPP tests when they go bankrupt.

The historic club, fans and community behind it all shouldn't be hung out to dry for the sins of one crap and mercenary owner.

We were so nearly there too...

I admire the efforts of the people involved, but no. Dodgy precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I admire the efforts of the people involved, but no. Dodgy precedent.
    Same here, knowing they have the safety net of only falling to league 2 won't help stopping this from happening again and punishment should be the same for every club, i wouldn't have been complaining if we'd been booted to the bottom of the pyramid for the same reasons.

Southend are the latest in the list of EFL clubs in court now facing winding up.
    Last edited by bridpie78; 20-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Yeah.

But for the grace, etc...

Clubs are now playing fixtures with the mindset that only one team is going down from L2. The longer the season goes on the more effect it has on teams approach games and the outcome of results. If they're going to allow Bury back in they would need to make that decision very soon or it will be grossly unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Should they be allowed back into the League? I think expulsion means just that,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49776759

What would be the point of having rules otherwise?
    They should start from the bottom of the football pyramid , what about other clubs that have had to do that ? it would be a slap in the face for them.

It’s a yes from me. Surely an automatic relegation and what is effectively a suspension for one whole season are punishments enough? The fans should not be made to suffer anything above that

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    They should start from the bottom of the football pyramid , what about other clubs that have had to do that ? it would be a slap in the face for them.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I agree. It also takes some of the competitive edge in League 2 knowing only one team will go down. Finally, it sets a very dangerous precedent given the financial state of some clubs in the lower leagues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast