+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup - Thread

Great draw. Belper are one of those teams I used to read about in the non league round up in the Evening Post, despite not knowing where it was or anything else about them.

Vague idea that they used to play Arnold on a fairly regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Great draw. Belper are one of those teams I used to read about in the non league round up in the Evening Post, despite not knowing where it was or anything else about them.

Vague idea that they used to play Arnold on a fairly regular basis.
    It's a few miles outside Derby, nice little town and they're in the same league as Carlton Town, who beat our youth team 1-0 in pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    It's a few miles outside Derby, nice little town and they're in the same league as Carlton Town, who beat our youth team 1-0 in pre-season
    40 minute drive from Belper to Meadow Lane.

I've got good friends in Belper, nice place and have played against them many times. They used to have the old communal bath which was a great novelty until our left winger just walked up and pissed in it.

Our goalkeeper also managed to lose his shorts diving for a ball much to the amusement of those standing behind the goal.

George Brown's old constituency, for anyone old enough to remember George Brown . Great character, but perpetually pissed

Only direct link between Notts and Belper I can find is a player from 2001/02 season, Niall McNamara (a forward) who'd made 4 sub apps for us joined them after being released by us. I can't say I remember him though, not even the name.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Only direct link between Notts and Belper I can find is a player from 2001/02 season, Niall McNamara (a forward) who'd made 4 sub apps for us joined them after being released by us. I can't say I remember him though, not even the name.
    John Sims, who we signed from Derby County, was born in Belper. He played 74 times for us between 1975 and 1977, scoring 17 goals.
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 07-10-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I think he signed for Notts after being released by Forest. I can’t recall seeing him play though.

Blimey I hope we don’t mess this one up. If we do, the defeat at Salford will seem trivial by comparison. It could be on tv too, as it’s just the sort of potential giant killing the networks like.

Ardley needs to pick the strongest available side - no messing around with rotation or blooding youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    It would be one of those magical FA cup stories if we had a bit of a run this year NL Notts County draw Man City away in the third round generate lots of income from gate receipts,tv money and selling all those half and half scarves

Even better if we do em 1-0 and draw liverpool in the 4th

Living the non league dream COYP

great info btw ncfcog
    I don’t see how getting absolutely hammered out of sight will do us any good. The money earned will hardly compensate for the humiliation that will stick with the supporters for years. The 8-1 thrashing by Swansea was bad enough but at least we didn’t need more than one scoreboard.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast