+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup - Thread

In my 35 odd years supporting Notts I can remember few less inspiring first round draws than this one.

I’m in Spain, it’s absolutely hurling it down so rather than trying to clear my vino tinto induced headache with a nice early morning walk along the beach whilst watching the sunrise I’m sat on the balcony looking at my weather app which tells me the rain is not going to stop all day. The way I feel about this is not too dissimilar to how I feel about this cup draw … unimpressed.

In the event of a replay what date would it be?

Notts should have celebrateda good cup run, not the eventual obvious defeat

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don’t see how getting absolutely hammered out of sight will do us any good. The money earned will hardly compensate for the humiliation that will stick with the supporters for years. The 8-1 thrashing by Swansea was bad enough but at least we didn’t need more than one scoreboard.
    As above, Notts had a good cup run, and had a draw with swansea at home, to force the replay- in which they were goners even before the game

It was obvious that away against a top tier side they were going to be hammered, And a loss is a loss , whether 1-0 or 10 -0.

So the fact Notts had a good cup run, made a lot of money -means nothing bcus they lost 8-1. Suppose they should lost in the first round and got nothing

It just beggers belief, considering at the time notts were a 4th tier club, away at a top tier club. GET REAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    As above, Notts had a good cup run, and had a draw with swansea at home, to force the replay- in which they were goners even before the game

It was obvious that away against a top tier side they were going to be hammered, And a loss is a loss , whether 1-0 or 10 -0.

So the fact Notts had a good cup run, made a lot of money -means nothing bcus they lost 8-1. Suppose they should lost in the first round and got nothing

It just beggers belief, considering at the time notts were a 4th tier club, away at a top tier club. GET REAL.
    When a top flight team (Watford) get beat 8-0 by another top flight team (Man City) then our 8-1 thrashing by Swansea is not that bad.

I'd like to think Watford and Man City are closer in standard and ability than Notts and Swansea were at the time. Tammy Abraham who scored two of Swanseas goals for example is banging the goals in for Chelsea now.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 22-10-2019 at 04:36 PM.

So its Ebbsfleet v Notts County - after the Fleet won 1-0 at Woking.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    So its Ebbsfleet v Notts County - after the Fleet won 1-0 at Woking.
    Notts should get through to the 2nd round

Already won twice against Ebbsfleet before in the FA Cup

And more importantly it will be a good guage mark to see if Notts have improved , since they played Ebbsfleet away in the league on 24th August 2-2,, when to be fair Notts were still getting it together, after the summer chaos

Routine win 2-0, Wootan and Dennis me thinks

£36,000 in prize money up for grabs today.

Carlisle through to 2nd round after winning 4-1 away at Dulwich Hamlet last night.

A few facts about today’s tie with Ebbsfleet …

• This will be the third FA Cup tie between Ebbsfleet United and Notts County, the Magpies winning 2-1 in the first round in December 2000 and 2-1 in the second round in December 2003.
    • Ebbsfleet United haven’t won an FA Cup first round tie since November 2003, defeating fellow non-league outfit Chester City 1-0 on the road.
    • Notts County have been knocked out in the first round of the FA Cup in four of the last six campaigns.
    • Notts County have progressed from five of their last six FA Cup ties against non-league opposition, losing only against Salford City in November 2015 in this run. This is the Magpies’ first game in the competition as a non-league side since the creation of the Football League (excluding 1945-46 when league play was suspended).

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    £36,000 in prize money up for grabs today.

Carlisle through to 2nd round after winning 4-1 away at Dulwich Hamlet last night.

A few facts about today’s tie with Ebbsfleet …

• This will be the third FA Cup tie between Ebbsfleet United and Notts County, the Magpies winning 2-1 in the first round in December 2000 and 2-1 in the second round in December 2003.
    • Ebbsfleet United haven’t won an FA Cup first round tie since November 2003, defeating fellow non-league outfit Chester City 1-0 on the road.
    • Notts County have been knocked out in the first round of the FA Cup in four of the last six campaigns.
    • Notts County have progressed from five of their last six FA Cup ties against non-league opposition, losing only against Salford City in November 2015 in this run. This is the Magpies’ first game in the competition as a non-league side since the creation of the Football League (excluding 1945-46 when league play was suspended).
    Great stats, and just what I enjoy on this board thanks for posting.

Just found this interesting link.
    Only slight doubt is it is dated January 5th 2018.

http://financialfootballnews.com/fa-...-can-club-get/

Interesting bit is distribution of replay monies to non-league clubs involved in the third round. Hope that still applies this year.

If anyone can find latest info on distribution then please post.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast