+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ward released.

Ward released.

Elliot Ward has been released by Cambridge, he was on a six month contract. I don't go anymore, but listen to the game on the radio, so cant judge.

But from what ive heard, he gave at least two goals away by being too slow, but had talent. Which is what you chaps have said. When I was 15 or 16 I had a spell with United as a trainee. There was a striker from the reserves who trained with us, David Knight. Our trainer was Bill Simpson who repeatedly told him that he could bag him a lot of goals if he asked. Simpson had managed Hartlepool.

Knight played in the Eastern professional floodlit league, with the likes of Stevenage, who were struggling in the southern league back then, Cambridge City, Romford Barnet etc.

Anyway, Knight didn't take the slightest notice. None, nothing, zip. He ended up with Cambridge City, then out of the game, which was a shame because he had talent.

I can tell you that no end of managers, coaches etc have told Ward where he is going wrong.

You could get planes to write it in the sky, daub the walls with his problems, post them to him in triplicate, and it will make no difference.
    If it was me, id be saying yes sir, no sir, tell me more, and practicing where I was going wrong. Beckham became the player he was through practice, morning and afternoon. He wasn't that gifted. But not these people.

And its Mr Ward that suffers most. Anyway, what is the world telling you that you are specially, and particularly ignoring.?

Vicktor Boo Boo Schlesinger of Vienna.

All the ***** signs scream out to me not to read Psaw2 posts and read at your peril , but I continue to ignore these warnings & signs and plough on regardless ....!!

why is Vi tal ( one word) deemed worthy of being asterixed !!??

Ward played most of his career in the Championship. The reason he's no good anymore is simple - his legs have gone. He's nearly 35 after all. And having had a long career playing at a decent level, I would imagine his motivation to continue at clubs like Notts and Cambridge is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post

why is Vi tal ( one word) deemed worthy of being asterixed !!??
    Gauling isn't it?

Think the asterisks are because there is or was a football site called v i tal so they blocking people from sharing it

It's fairly standard for a messageboard to censor out the names of rival messageboards because they don't want people advertising them here and taking their userbase