+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup - Thread

FA Cup - Thread

Today sees the National League North and South clubs enter the competition for the first time at the 2nd qualifying round, which is actually the 4th qualifying round as there are two preliminary qualifying rounds.

A couple of interesting ties include York City travelling to step 5 club Irlam and locally Alfreton are away at high flyers Kings Lynn in an all NL North tie.

Notts and the rest of the National League clubs will enter the competition at the 4th qualifying round stage on the weekend of October 19th.

Prize money for this qualifying round (2nd) is £6,750.00 for the winners, £2,250.00 for the losers.

Prize money for the qualifying rounds:

Extra preliminary round winners (184) £2,250 Losers receive £750
    Preliminary round winners (160) £2,890 Losers receive £960
    First round qualifying winners (116) £4,500 Losers receive £1,500
    Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £6,750 Losers receive £2,250
    Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £11,250 Losers receive £3,750
    Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £18,750 Losers receive £6,250

Once you get into the 1st round proper you get nothing for losing:

First Round Proper winners (40) £36,000
    Second Round Proper winners (20) £54,000
    Third Round Proper winners (32) £135,000
    Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £180,000
    Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £360,000
    Quarter-Final winners (4) £720,000
    Semi-Final winners (2) £1,800,000
    Semi-Final losers (2) £900,000
    Final runners-up (1) £1,800,000
    Final winners (1) £3,600,000

Numbers in brackets represent number of teams involved at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Today sees the National League North and South clubs enter the competition for the first time at the 2nd qualifying round, which is actually the 4th qualifying round as there are two preliminary qualifying rounds.

A couple of interesting ties include York City travelling to step 5 club Irlam and locally Alfreton are away at high flyers Kings Lynn in an all NL North tie.

Notts and the rest of the National League clubs will enter the competition at the 4th qualifying round stage on the weekend of October 19th.

Prize money for this qualifying round (2nd) is £6,750.00 for the winners, £2,250.00 for the losers.

Prize money for the qualifying rounds:

Extra preliminary round winners (184) £2,250 Losers receive £750
    Preliminary round winners (160) £2,890 Losers receive £960
    First round qualifying winners (116) £4,500 Losers receive £1,500
    Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £6,750 Losers receive £2,250
    Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £11,250 Losers receive £3,750
    Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £18,750 Losers receive £6,250

Once you get into the 1st round proper you get nothing for losing:

First Round Proper winners (40) £36,000
    Second Round Proper winners (20) £54,000
    Third Round Proper winners (32) £135,000
    Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £180,000
    Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £360,000
    Quarter-Final winners (4) £720,000
    Semi-Final winners (2) £1,800,000
    Semi-Final losers (2) £900,000
    Final runners-up (1) £1,800,000
    Final winners (1) £3,600,000

It would be one of those magical FA cup stories if we had a bit of a run this year NL Notts County draw Man City away in the third round generate lots of income from gate receipts,tv money and selling all those half and half scarves

Even better if we do em 1-0 and draw liverpool in the 4th

Living the non league dream COYP

great info btw ncfcog

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    It would be one of those magical FA cup stories if we had a bit of a run this year NL Notts County draw Man City away in the third round generate lots of income from gate receipts,tv money and selling all those half and half scarves

Even better if we do em 1-0 and draw liverpool in the 4th

Living the non league dream COYP

great info btw ncfcog
    Must admit I was thinking this myself as I wrote it but restrained myself from getting carried away! However, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for us to target a 3rd round tie, the prize money alone for achieving this if we lose at that stage would be £108,750.00 let alone the additional gate money etc.

Let’s keep the dream alive

Must admit I was thinking this myself as I wrote it but restrained myself from getting carried away! However, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for us to target a 3rd round tie, the prize money alone for achieving this if we lose at that stage would be £108,750.00 let alone the additional gate money etc.

Let’s keep the dream alive
    Its got all the ingredients of a magical FA cup story hasnt it.

knowing Notts we'll proabably get knocked out by Salford in the first round

There was some talk that we might get a bye into the First Round Proper to make up the numbers following Bury's expulsion. I still love the FA Cup in the early rounds, because it actually means something to the clubs involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There was some talk that we might get a bye into the First Round Proper to make up the numbers following Bury's expulsion. I still love the FA Cup in the early rounds, because it actually means something to the clubs involved.
    Yes there was something about that but I couldn’t find anything online that suggested that. All I know is we have no league fixture on 19th October.

I had lost a bit of interest in the FA Cup but being at this level has made me more inquisitive about what non league clubs and how the FA Cup plays a part in their season.

I will keep the thread updated with results and Cup draws as they happen … until Notts are knocked out then it can do one!

I can just see the bbc report as we head into a big draw for the 3rd round,they'll send alex scott out to denmark to meet the owners and she'll tell our story

'6 months ago Notts county were heading out of the football league,they had 40 players who couldn't kick a ball and an owner who flashed his privates at the world on social media and the club were heading towards liquidation, but enter the Reedtz brothers and their website Football Radar, they reinvigourated the club which now sits proudly at the top of the NL and using their groundbreaking statistical model manager Neal Ardley has been furnished with a squad of talented players and Enzio Bouldewijn, they now take on Manchester City and stand to make in excess of two million pounds that will fund their promotion bid in L2 next season'

I think you mean it represents the number of teams awarded the payment at that stage. For example 44 teams from the top two tiers join the competition at the third round.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    ‘neal ardley has been furnished with a squad of talented players and enzio bouldewijn'
    xd xd xd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I think you mean it represents the number of teams awarded the payment at that stage. For example 44 teams from the top two tiers join the competition at the third round.
    Sorry yes that is correct, thanks for pointing that out.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast