+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup - Thread

That's a really good draw, especially at home. If it is played at an odd time for TV then they may have a fair few Rams fans supporting them as well so they could bring a fair few.

I have fond memories of Belper from the early eighties as I lived in Duffield for a while. Belper offered a very good night out for a village.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    That's a really good draw, especially at home. If it is played at an odd time for TV then they may have a fair few Rams fans supporting them as well so they could bring a fair few.

I have fond memories of Belper from the early eighties as I lived in Duffield for a while. Belper offered a very good night out for a village.
    The BBC show a live game online in the qualifying rounds which usually kicks off at 12:30. I haven't looked at the full draw, but we must have a chance of being selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The BBC show a live game online in the qualifying rounds which usually kicks off at 12:30. I haven't looked at the full draw, but we must have a chance of being selected.
    Having looked at the draw, the only other fixture that appears to meet the bill is; Potters Bar v Barnet.
    They are only 6 miles or so apart and may provide competition for the Notts fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Rams away at Charlton, so we may get a few stragglers popping in for a gander. The more the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Great draw. Belper are one of those teams I used to read about in the non league round up in the Evening Post, despite not knowing where it was or anything else about them.

Vague idea that they used to play Arnold on a fairly regular basis.
    They used to play against Arnold regularly in the old Midland League in the 1960s and 1970s. It was Arnold FC at that time having dropped the 'St Mary's' when they entered that league. They later became Arnold Town when they amalgamated with Arnold Kingswell.

The Midland League was a strong league and had quite a few Derbyshire teams in it at that time such as Heanor Town, Matlock Town, Ilkeston Town and Alfreton Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm off to Spain for a week that weekend so won't be able to make the game but being able to watch online would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Rams away at Charlton, so we may get a few stragglers popping in for a gander. The more the merrier.
    Could work out well.

They are currently 8th in The BetVictor Northern Premier South East division after 5 wins and 1 draw ( the draw being 0-0 at Ilkeston Town FC )

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    I've got good friends in Belper, nice place and have played against them many times. They used to have the old communal bath which was a great novelty until our left winger just walked up and pissed in it.
    Was he a tricky dribbler ?

In the first round proper we play Ebbsfleet or Woking away.

Poor draw.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast