+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Forest v Barnsley Official Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    FT Notts Forest 1 Barnsley 0

Another heroic/ we dint deserve to looaiz defeat at Championship level.
    Nowt in this league for artistic impression SB as we both know only too well .

Not clinical in front of goal and always likely to concede will always have you returning to league one fairly quickly .

Where are the goals coming from ?

Me neither .

A cuddant be arsed gooin darn to Nottingham today (another hour each way fo me).

A feel fo thi Daniel--shifting the deck chairs on the Titanic. Hoss may brag this is the best transfer window in our history but I know what hand thaz been dealt. I know where the blame lies even if the "super" Spreadsheet Recruitment Team dont.

Those that disagree look at the league table before you reply.

Another reverse unfortunately. Sounded like we huffed and puffed but alas unable to manage a goal. If tha can't scooar tha can't win. Move on to next week

A cuddant be arsed gooin darn to Nottingham today (another hour each way fo me).

A feel fo thi Daniel--shifting the deck chairs on the Titanic. Hoss may brag this is the best transfer window in our history but I know what hand thaz been dealt. I know where the blame lies even if the "super" Spreadsheet Recruitment Team dont.

Those that disagree look at the league table before you reply.
    Free agent right back Danny Simpson who was part of the PL winning Leicester City team is looking to sign for Huddersfield Town next week .

A good steady full back for a young team struggling with the greater demands in the championship .

The clubs policy says NO because a young kid without hardly any league experience at all never mind the championship is apparently the smarter move .

Absolutely no flexibility with this policy and at championship level it will be to the detriment of the clubs hard won championship status .

9 months of blood , sweat and tears to get back to this level at the first time of asking and t@ssed away because EVERY member of this squad has to be under 24 years of age and more importantly become a profitable asset in the transfer market .

There's no vision within the club that can see that an asset with very little future profitability in the market can be a bigger asset by keeping the club in the championship and the revenue streams associated with it .

Danny Simpson could earn this club £10m next season and Jordan Williams a couple of million but nobody seems to understand that .

They don't understand it because they don't understand the level we are playing at , if they understand football at all

" The Roster's Fine "

Oh aye look at the league table you clown .

Correct Animal.

This squad was assembled not with Championship consolidation in mind ie the proven blend of youth and experience, but with profit in mind. Buy everybody young on a four year contract then put it on the coach to "develop " them, then sell after two years with two years negotiating strength on their contracts. And repeat (but if the OGC Nice experience repeats they will leg it after three years if a profit can be made).

Correct Animal.

This squad was assembled not with Championship consolidation in mind ie the proven blend of youth and experience, but with profit in mind. Buy everybody young on a four year contract then put it on the coach to "develop " them, then sell after two years with two years negotiating strength on their contracts. And repeat (but if the OGC Nice experience repeats they will leg it after three years if a profit can be made).
    I'm not advocating that the club spends beyond its means but rather more be much smarter with the resources it possesses .

The reason this club enjoyed 8 consecutive seasons in the championship wasn't because of John Stones , Jacob Butterfield , Mason Holgate and early Adam Hammill no it was Stephen Foster , Bobby Hassell , Jonny Macken and Darren Moore who kept us there .

Once and once again this spreadsheet is just for financial gain and nothing else,the fans, supporter's who follow the club religiously are getting sh+t on and the clowns who are running this player profit club couldn't give a fk it's soul destroying. Quicker they go the better and we get someone who knows about football and doesn't take our fans for granted

I know I will get shot down but, why are we not playing 2 up front. I think we will be good at 352 with Woodrow and Schmitt or Chaplin. I know stendal has been dealt ab average hand in regards to transfers but you have to play to your strengths but I dont think we are at the minute also why does Stendal leave it so long into a game before making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    I know I will get shot down but, why are we not playing 2 up front. I think we will be good at 352 with Woodrow and Schmitt or Chaplin. I know stendal has been dealt ab average hand in regards to transfers but you have to play to your strengths but I dont think we are at the minute also why does Stendal leave it so long into a game before making changes.
    Most definitely need to look at playing two lads up top with Wilks playing in the wider role he did to good affect at Doncaster last season .

The goalscoring issue won't sort it's self out and we need to get another natural striker up there alongside Woodrow who is finding it tough on his own at this level .

Wilks and Woodrow were the two up front for the last two games, with Brown and Thomas wide. 4 goals in 8 games says it all. We had 5 shots on target today and Forest had one, we lost. Just hope we can get out of the bottom 3 and finish fourth from bottom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast