+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nottingham Forest v Barnsley Official Match Thread

I’ve been today and I thought as I walked away from the ground. we sold our 19 girl striker and left the shelf with one striker we are pumping balls up front to Wilks who wins none and totally ignoring the ground effort of Luke Thomas eventually after 75 minutes we involve look Thomas I need successful why the hell are we not playing to him more

Some interesting language used on the official report from the club.
    "Veteran midfielder Ben Watson"
    "Experienced striker Louis Grab an"
    "Veteran defender Michael Dawson"

Tell you what though... that Collins is a class if not two above Davies.
    He will be gone come January..... without a doubt. He is excellent

The best two natural finishes at the club are Cauley Woodrow and Jacob Brown without a shadow of doubt in my opinion .

Admittedly this is based on last season in league one but I've nothing else to compare them with unfortunately and I've not really seen enough of Schmidt and Chaplin to make a considered opinion .

Jacob Brown is an exceptionally gifted young footballer who takes his percentage of opportunities at a very high rate , at least compared to Kieffer who missed twice the number he scored .

If I was HC I'd be thinking that we need to get Jacob in to goal scoring positions rather than out wide stuck to that touchline .

I don't see Jacob as a striker in the traditional role but rather one of those advanced just behind the strikers like Glav and Higgy were able to do to such good effect .

Stendel has to work with what he has and find a way , aint any hit the ground striker coming here in January for £3m and scoring us to safety or even on loan .

Use Thomas better, ie (actually involve him in the game!). Amd mcGeehan when he’s fit will get plenty of cut backs.
    Today we were beaten by a better team. Still learning.

Stendel will get a tune art o these lads. Give it time

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Stendel will get a tune art o these lads. Give it time
    Fine lines innit Pass , Watford got absolutely hammered this afternoon and yet at 1-0 down they had a couple of really good opportunities to have levelled the game , who knows how that would have played out for the rest of the game .

We aren't totally out of our depth by any means we are possibly 5% away from surviving fairly comfortably but that said Stendel and those young lads need to find that from within themselves

Flitcroft found it and christ only knows how he did it but he did .

The HC is as good as we can reasonably expect to have in the technical area so we have to believe he'll find a way .

Clearly the ownership aren't going to add too much to lend a helping hand .

Don't forget the mantra
    Nothing crazy

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Clearly the ownership aren't going to add too much to lend a helping hand .

Aye it looks that rooard mate, if past form is owt to gu by n all then them owners'll probably sell our prized assets in January rather than adding a couple o decent players to Stendels squad.

I'm certain Stendel thinks Schmidt is the little fat dude of Jump Street

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123