+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman's football

Woman's football

Are Sky Sports trying to brainwash us into watching more of it.We have more and women presenters.

This morning on Soccer Saturday pre match we have TWO women presenter talking to a former English woman's International about today's men's Premier matches,not a male in the studio for the whole of the programme.

Nothing against women presenters but to have no males talking about men's football is taking political correctness to a new level.

Its the PC world we live in and sadly the Media are the main culprits

I don't like the women commentators on MOTD . For some reason it just sounds wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Its the PC world we live in
    I know...they're just trying to Currys favour...who knows what they'll do Next...

Disagree.

All for it. Makes a refreshing change. Especially Alex Scott, who knows what she's talking about when she's working.

What's gender got to do with anything? The bigger point is whether they know what they're talking about. Half the male pundits are full of sh'it so I don't think we should insist that everyone who talks about football on MOTD and everywhere else have balls between their legs too.

When half the time, I have to MUTE the fu'cking telly instead of hearing idiots like Gary Neville and a laundry list of pundits talking a load of rubbish, I welcome women who tend to talk more about the actual football I'm watching.

Been to see the Womens World Cup. Have plenty time for Women Referees because they're bad too but the worse ones seem to be better than the worse men I've seen refereeing.

For the one segment when Soccer Saturday, which is usually 99.999999% blokes, happen to have some women on there people get palpitations...

Guess I must be PC then.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 21-09-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Disagree.

All for it. Makes a refreshing change. Especially Alex Scott, who knows what she's talking about when she's working.

What's gender got to do with anything? The bigger point is whether they know what they're talking about. Half the male pundits are full of sh'it so I don't think we should insist that everyone who talks about football on MOTD and everywhere else have balls between their legs too.

When half the time, I have to MUTE the fu'cking telly instead of hearing idiots like Gary Neville and a laundry list of pundits talking a load of rubbish, I welcome women who tend to talk more about the actual football I'm watching.

Been to see the Womens World Cup. Have plenty time for Women Referees because they're bad too but the worse ones seem to be better than the worse men I've seen refereeing.

For the one segment when Soccer Saturday, which is usually 99.999999% blokes, happen to have some women on there people get palpitations...

Guess I must be PC then.
    Spot on.

If it was an all men team covering a woman’s game, there’d be hell on. Why can’t the media stop discriminating and just pick the best commentators, no matter what *** they are?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    If it was an all men team covering a woman’s game
    This is not the same when the argument is reversed. It's a standard retort when people try to counterbalance bias. There must have been more than enough times where there have been blokes discussing the women's game without a woman in shot. At the risk of sounding evangelical about it, IT SHOULD NOT MATTER if there are a few women chatting about the men's game for a few minutes.

Save your outrage and watch telly, eh.

After all, the biggest insult of all is having a [fairly clueless] fella coaching the female national team but hey...

If it’s not the same when the argument is reversed then you are discriminating - you can’t have it both ways.

Are you outraged? I’m not but I think it’s a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    you can’t have it both ways.
    I most certainly can

Anyway...don't look now. There is a woman with a microphone on the telly interviewing during "the men's game". LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)