+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Bromley FC 21.09.19

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm probably only a few more draws or losses away from saying that Ardley has to go......we are almost a third of the way through a season in division 5, and potentially 1 point off the bottom 4...it's crazy, plus this is the same guy that couldn't motivate the team last season either...I've no idea on his replacement, but surely there has to be a quality manager somewhere needing a job?
    Have a look at my post near the end of the on the Shhh thread about Dave Challinor ,a manager we could realistically get and afford? has a much more impressive record than Ardley with the character i think our club is crying out for

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Have a look at my post near the end of the on the Shhh thread about Dave Challinor ,a manager we could realistically get and afford? has a much more impressive record than Ardley with the character i think our club is crying out for
    just checked NA's record at Notts.....41 games, 9 wins, 14 draws and 18 losses......exactly 1 point per game, 22% win ratio....not good. Fullarton's win ratio was better, 25%, but his points were lower 10 pts off 12 games.

Get this ****ing **** of a manager out of the club now.
    More poxy excuses and negative tactics.

just checked NA's record at Notts.....41 games, 9 wins, 14 draws and 18 losses......exactly 1 point per game, 22% win ratio....not good. Fullarton's win ratio was better, 25%, but his points were lower 10 pts off 12 games.
    A few of us have been saying this for a while but every 5 games or so he gets a win and we're told to wait,it'll come good,we've turned a corner,give him time

Hes had time and resources and failed, 1 point per game over a season gets you relegated in any division,this isnt knee jerk its over a prolongued period he tends to W1 D2 L2 out of every 5 games, which when put together can sometimes give you 5 or 6 unbeaten in a ten game block and look like progress (its still only 10 points from ten games),its not progress its a pattern of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    A few of us have been saying this for a while but every 5 games or so he gets a win and we're told to wait,it'll come good,we've turned a corner,give him time

Hes had time and resources and failed, 1 point per game over a season gets you relegated in any division,this isnt knee jerk its over a prolongued period he tends to W1 D2 L2 out of every 5 games, which when put together can sometimes give you 5 or 6 unbeaten in a ten game block and look like progress (its still only 10 points from ten games),its not progress its a pattern of failure.

Birdpie has hit the nail on the head... "Pattern of failure" is reoccurring feature whilst Ardley has been in charge.
    Does anyone on here believe Macclesfield town are a bigger and better club than us and had and have better recourses than us.
    If not then how the hell did they manage to stay up and we go down.
    They had less resources and a novice manager but still stayed up...
    there can only be one reason why this was and that reason is still here and serving up the same dross..
    surely time is up...
    He needs to win several games on the trot and that starts now ! if not then I'm afraid times up ...
    If Sol Campbell was that good lets get him , however I believe he wasn't that good it was the failure of our manager that saved them not SC was a football genius ...

I’m not sure where 41 games comes from but it’s actually 38 games but that’s a minor technically as your points are valid.

Neal Ardley took over as Notts Manager on 28th November and his first game in charge was the 0-2 defeat against Mansfield on 8th December.

Below is a breakdown of his managerial stats into five categories;

1.) Pre-Transfer Window
    2.) Post Transfer Window
    3.) League Two Total
    4.) National League Total (As of 22.09.19)
    5.) Notts Career Total (As of 22.09.19)

1.) Pre Transfer Window

League Two
    P9, W1, D2, L6, GF 7, GA 18, GD-11, Pts 5

Win Ratio = 11.1%
    PPG 0.56
    Season Predicted Total = 26 points

2.) Post Transfer Window

League Two

P17, W5, D5, L7, GF19, GA25, GD -6 Pts 20

Win Ratio = 29.4%
    PPG 1.18
    Season Predicted Total = 54 points

3.) League Two - Total

P26, W6, D7, L13, GF26, GA43, GD-17 Pts 25

Win Ratio = 24%
    PPG 1
    Season Predicted Total = 46 points

4.) National League - As of 22.09.19

P12, W3, D5, L4, GF16, GA14, GD+2 Pts 14

Win Ratio = 25%
    PPG 1.17
    Season Predicted Total = 54 points

5.) Notts Career Total
    P38, W9, D12, L17, GF42, GA57, GD-15, Pts 39

Win Ratio = 23.7%
    PPG 1.03
    Season Predicted Total = 47 points
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 22-09-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Birdpie has hit the nail on the head... "Pattern of failure" is reoccurring feature whilst Ardley has been in charge.
    Does anyone on here believe Macclesfield town are a bigger and better club than us and had and have better recourses than us.
    If not then how the hell did they manage to stay up and we go down.
    They had less resources and a novice manager but still stayed up...
    there can only be one reason why this was and that reason is still here and serving up the same dross..
    surely time is up...
    He needs to win several games on the trot and that starts now ! if not then I'm afraid times up ...
    If Sol Campbell was that good lets get him , however I believe he wasn't that good it was the failure of our manager that saved them not SC was a football genius ...
    While I’m busy this morning posting stats here are some more;

Sol Campbell - Managerial Record

1.) League Two
    P25, W7, D10, L8, GF32, GA36, GD-4, Pts 31

Win Ratio; 28%
    PPG 1.24
    Season Predicted Total = 57 points.

So comparing this with Neal Ardleys for League Two last season Sol managed to get and extra 6 points over his time in charge compared to Neal Ardley and Sol Campbell had one less game in charge The extra six points came from an extra win and three draws over Neal Ardley.

Sol Campbells win ratio last season was 28% whereas Neal Ardleys win ratio was 24%

Over a season Sol Campbell would have been on course to finish on 57 points whereas Neal Ardley 46 points. That would have put Macclesfield in 16th place and Notts in 22nd place. Both teams surviving.

So in conclusion Sol Campbell was slightly more successful at Macclesfield than Neal Ardley was at Notts last season. It’s on this basis that I agree with you that it wasn’t that Sol Campbell was a football genius that kept Macclesfield up, but more of the fact he managed to better Neal Ardleys win ratio by 4%. Both managers falling into the 20-30% win ratio category

Very interesting MM. Seems Alan is missing us:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  16.0 KB

Al knows all about "baring" an absolute disaster.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast