+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: One up front…

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He makes a good point though, Robbie deserves credit for making good tactical changes during the match on Saturday that won us the points. All we are getting is about his poor decisions getting us playing poorly in the first place. Zero credit to Arbroath too.
    So why not start with those players/tactics, to prevent having to pull it out of the bag in the last few mins (where there is a risk it won’t happen).

I’ve already stated (back in the East Fife thread), that I’ll accept when things just don’t go our way (like against QoS last season), BUT ONLY when we are on the front foot from kick-off, and surely you both agree with me, that we haven’t been against Ayr or Arbroath, so why is that? Why has the approach/tactics been changed, from what we’ve seen in the first four games? That’s my issue/concern, and it’s not sustainable, simple as that.

the big thing that's got everyone's backs up is how we started games prior to Ayr and of course Saturday past with the visit of the smokies. night and day difference.

I was away for the Ayr game but managed to stream it, RN made a complete chunt of the Ayr game IMO and rather than put he's hands up and change back to 2 up top that worked so well up to Ayr he's too stubborn and sticks with Shankland up front on his own against a f ucking part time time at f ucking hame that nearly cost us the game

in a nutshell as far as im concerned the only thing that will stop us winning this league is the manager and his stubbornness as was clear to see on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Why has the approach/tactics been changed, from what we’ve seen in the first four games? That’s my issue/concern, and it’s not sustainable, simple as that.
    I don't think it has. I think our performances haven't been as good for two reasons: the team has changed as Connelly is injured and the dip in form Stanton is having.

I don't think it has. I think our performances haven't been as good for two reasons: the team has changed as Connelly is injured and the dip in form Stanton is having.
    I think youre in the minority if you cant see he's changed it

Terry, take Shedka’s specs off, or yer heid oot his erse, FFS!!

Agree with Ballumbie here. We appeared to start off the league season playing a high-tempo, quick passing and attacking mode of football that was bringing the club positive results and giving the punters some much needed belief. Good crowds following us home and away.

I cannot fathom why Neilson felt the need to change things. Bizarre.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally behind Neilson and think he is the correct man for us. Hopefully he will be with us for a while and bring us long term success. However, despite the fact he aint no rookie, I do feel he still has a lot to learn.

Nobody on here is talking of shoogly pegs or pressure on the manager. Not sure where Shedka got that from. 'Just pointing out that our best performances seem to have been with Shanks and Appere playing as a front pair. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Thing is though I personally don't think Shankland has been as influential in the last 2 games, I don't think he's put in as much of a shift as he had in the previous league games. I actually said during the 2nd half to my mate is he playing injured? even at Ayr we had 20 efforts on goal and I can only remember 1 from him near the end of the game with a header.

No doubting he's a great player and we're lucky to have him but I think there's been something up with him the last 2 games imo and can't all be down to playing up top on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Terry, take Shedka’s specs off, or yer heid oot his erse, FFS!!
    We don't agree, I don't see the problem with that. You're entitled to your wrong opinions. 🙂

Maybe because of where i was sitting, but first half Saturday and our 4 defenders are tippy tapping about with the keeper, and i have a straight as a die line of 3 right in front of me with Shankland just in front. 40 yards away are our midfielders trying to get something going because of the gap between the defence and the line of 3! Certainly looked 4-2-3-1 then, but Stanton was that deep looking for the ball, it looked like 5-1-3-1!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Maybe because of where i was sitting, but first half Saturday and our 4 defenders are tippy tapping about with the keeper, and i have a straight as a die line of 3 right in front of me with Shankland just in front. 40 yards away are our midfielders trying to get something going because of the gap between the defence and the line of 3! Certainly looked 4-2-3-1 then, but Stanton was that deep looking for the ball, it looked like 5-1-3-1!
    Terry will argue otherwise. You obviously dont know what you're talking about!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)