+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got what we deserved

Your wasting your time with his holiness Taff, any chance of having a dig at the club and he’s first in.
    Am not an apologist WTF.. name me a better LUFC manager this century! we play Eddie and Costa every game, then they get burnt out by Christmas, much to the annoyance of their respective clubs... then what.
    I would imagine there is a fair few PL managers looking at the way we are developing youth and loanees.. and thinking blimey It’s no longer a basket case club. He has also transformed Thorp Arch but hey keep having your pop... we’re top of the league and all you and a few others can do is bleat about how useless MB is, Leeds fans my ar$e

Don't think we got what we deserved but we did cop for the sucker punch..if you go to the match thread some of us even called it..it was just written in the stars we would feck it up..and we did!

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    He got what he deserved? Since hes arrived he has transformed ordinary players into good players, and attracted players of the quality we haven't been able to in a while. Most on here moaning at the start of season the squad is too light, now it's we are top of league but should be further ahead. I doubt he's a dumb as some of you make out, he will have his reasons for the team he's picking, it's a long season and we have many young players. He gets far more things right than wrong.. This team is over achieving, when you compare it on paper to the clubs we are competing against with parachute payments, or as with the likes of that lot today getting round ffp. Frustrated but them's the breaks, this club is still on the up MOT
    Well said.

My wife walked into house and said "Well, what's the score?" They immediately put ball in back of our net and I yelled 'You fkn asshole!' Still not speaking.....

Seems to me some of us want the best for Leeds and others are happy with less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Are you a fecking qualified coach? no I thought not what a numpty, try going to a fkin game once in a while, i am all for leeds fans having opinions that cant get to games but they seem to talk a bit of sense, you are on an other level.
    Not the only one to suggest that Bielsa nature (either loyalty to his season-starting 11, or stubbornness that prevents change when it's obvious to most (qualified coaches or not, and there's the rub!) that change is needed. I'm probably sharing that "other level" with a few others.

I watched the whole of the game,thanks very much to Columbian, and stand by everything I've said before, during and after the game. Bielsa is a good coach, but he's not God and he isn't infallible, he just thinks he is (both).

If he doesn't change, I predict that certainly Nketiah will be recalled and probably Costa, and both will be loaned out to Championship opposition. I'd also predict that by Christmas we are out of the top 6, (even though my prediction league attempts will always give Leeds a win! It's only a game anyway isn't it?)

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Your wasting your time with his holiness Taff, any chance of having a dig at the club and he’s first in.
    Am not an apologist WTF.. name me a better LUFC manager this century! we play Eddie and Costa every game, then they get burnt out by Christmas, much to the annoyance of their respective clubs... then what.
    I would imagine there is a fair few PL managers looking at the way we are developing youth and loanees.. and thinking blimey It’s no longer a basket case club. He has also transformed Thorp Arch but hey keep having your pop... we’re top of the league and all you and a few others can do is bleat about how useless MB is, Leeds fans my ar$e
    He may be the best coach this century, so far so good. But we ended last season as we have begun this one, dominating the game, possessing the ball for 60 - 70% of the game, and losing. I say it again, doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result is insanity.

I have never said to start Costa and Nketiah in every match, but can you hand on heart say that using them for the last 10 minutes ( as in Nketiahs case), does anything for the team who need to know how to give him service during a match, the player who comes on when his team mates are on their last legs and unable to properly support him, or the owning club who want him to develop by playing competitive football for a prolonged period?

And "a few others"? Have a look at the matchday thread as a whole, I'm in good company.

Again, spot on -

Generally VERY happy with the team, the management and the way we play - what's not to like - my only concern remains the fact we don't convert when bossing the game - and it is the same culprits missing the chances - so time to try alternative options surely? - if that doesn't work at least we have attempted to change the formula a little - I'm sure that some others would rather wait for Bamford to finally put one away and start with the "Told to so" ing. - But that is what a forum is all about eh? differing opinions?

Would love bamford to come good, as I'm sure others do, but the fact is he isn't, if we keep waiting and waiting many points will be dropped, points we can't get back, try Eddie and Costa from the start, if it doesn't work then we all can see it.

Every game I thank the owner, the staff, the players and especially MB that we play the way we do. Incredibly frustrating at times but so much better than the dross we play against most games. They pack the box and hope for a counterattack. we have the best product to watch and play to win every game. we are the best prepared team every week. That's a sign of great coaching. we also have the deepest youth development in the league. we will stay up once we are promoted.

This season is different than last in that we are totally dominating teams in all areas. The goals will come and we have a deeper squad. It's a long, long season.

We'll have teams start to attack us and then it will be a flood of goals. when you have 5 defenders inside the 6 yard box a lot of balls end up deflected or kicked out. Not the case when you are attacking.

I'm sure most have noticed we do much better on the road this year? perhaps the fact teams go for a win rather than a draw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)