+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Town Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    And another thing.. Our fans were pathetic once again. Well done to the 6 or 7 who managed to muster up a half arsed 'come on you reds' when we got a corner. Sh ittest home fans in the country.

Could it be that they are paying for steak and being served beef burger?

We are the home team, effort is a given, the players have to do something that raises the crowd.

Mind you the sponsors voted Wiles MOM, who sponsored the game today? The Stevie Wonder appreciation society?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

We are the home team, effort is a given, the players have to do something that raises the crowd.
    I don't expect the west or east stands to be particularly loud but even the Kop is quiet now.

Obviously I haven't seen the game or even read a report in the media but I bet that big bleedah Beccles won everything in the air and bullied your forward players .

None of the Shrewsbury players had to win a tackle, we either ran into them or misplaced a pass to give the ball away.

The fans were poor but it is a chicken and egg situation isn't it? I think this is partly down to the fact that goals we score are almost meaningless till the game is over because we have shown over the last couple of seasons we are so capable of giving leads away.I thought today that even if we had scored in the last five mins we would have been holding on at best in the end. I watched the Sunderland game when we played well and said that I really didn't know why I watched the millers because they made me feel anxious even then because I was aware we could blow all our good work with one stupid error.. It aint good for my ticker!I never have a feeling we are controlling a game and suspect many fans think the same.

Interesting comment about running into players Grist. Oh for someone who actually has the skill to dribble round a defender. We had one in Ogbene but hes knacked now..maybe the only player apart from Hastie who has already burnt out on today's showing.

Passing is generally poor particularly in the final third. Then again do we have players making darting runs to find space for a pass. We have potentially 3 goalscoring midfielders in Crooks, Wiles and Lyndsey. How often did they get in the box? Are they told to sit deep all the time?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-09-2019 at 06:22 PM.

I had the good fortune to be in Scarborough....result

Yes best result of the day that gm

The reality is Shrewsbury came for a point and got one comfortably. We can blame inept officials but they didn't make any mistakes that materially changed the game.
    This is the third time a team has come to NYS to frustrate, cheat, spoil, waste time and battle hard and we haven't got a clue how to deal with it.
    We never looked like breaking them down because we either passed sideways or backwards or the centre halves just launched it hopefully forwards, usually out of play.
    Oh for a creative midfielder who can unlock a packed defence.
    The lack of movement from our midfielders and strikers was painfully evident all game but was graphically illustrated for me in the last minute of added time when Morris out on the left beat his man and looked up for someone to step back on the edge of the area so he could pass to them but no-one was there so he beat his man again, looked up, still no-one there so he did it a third time and still no-one there.
    Everyone was bunched together around the penalty spot and simply not available for a pass so eventually a defender inevitably hacked it clear.
    Get ready fo more of the same because other teams will come and do the same thing.......simply because they can and we don't know how to deal with it 🙁

Yep good observations Mellow. This is what I am saying about midfielders steaming up there frecks style for the pass but where were they?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The reality is Shrewsbury came for a point and got one comfortably. We can blame inept officials but they didn't make any mistakes that materially changed the game.
    This is the third time a team has come to NYS to frustrate, cheat, spoil, waste time and battle hard and we haven't got a clue how to deal with it.
    We never looked like breaking them down because we either passed sideways or backwards or the centre halves just launched it hopefully forwards, usually out of play.
    Oh for a creative midfielder who can unlock a packed defence.
    The lack of movement from our midfielders and strikers was painfully evident all game but was graphically illustrated for me in the last minute of added time when Morris out on the left beat his man and looked up for someone to step back on the edge of the area so he could pass to them but no-one was there so he beat his man again, looked up, still no-one there so he did it a third time and still no-one there.
    Everyone was bunched together around the penalty spot and simply not available for a pass so eventually a defender inevitably hacked it clear.
    Get ready fo more of the same because other teams will come and do the same thing.......simply because they can and we don't know how to deal with it ��
    Mattock was the one who didn’t backtrack for Morris until it was too late, not the first time in the game either

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast