+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Beast

The Beast

Jon Parkin is to become an after dinner speaker - if anyone can afford to buy his dinner!

Reight nice lad is John , regular in the tap room in our club .

Proper grounded and will have a natter wi anybody .

Good luck in your new career John , plenty of good material to call on to say the least .

Av read aif o his book but lost interest to be honest. He came across in his book like he is 40 going on 18. Whether that was to help sell the book to the younger generation I dunt know? but it was starting to become one dimensional and started to grate on me after a while. It was also disappointing to read some things in it. It just confirmed to me that most footballers dunt really know that they're born. Perhaps I'm being unfair and should read the remaining chapters.

Av watched and reccomended his podcasts on YouTube which are decent to be fair. He seems a good lad, very bubbly and game for a laugh. He had a good career but I can't help feeling that his lifestyle and in certain cases his attitude held him back from realising his true full potential. I thought he had ability in abundance, great feet for a big lad and at times a touch of class.

Good luck to him in his new venture.

A saw him afoor Leeds game , a thought he looked to ev lost some timber ? He looked like he wa fit enuff to still laik, not sure if he still plays fo York ?
    Tha reyt abart his book Pass ,
    Good for him ont After Dinner Circuit , i hope he is a success , illev sum reyt stories tu tell , unlike some ont A D C

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A saw him afoor Leeds game , a thought he looked to ev lost some timber ? He looked like he wa fit enuff to still laik, not sure if he still plays fo York ?
    Tha reyt abart his book Pass ,
    Good for him ont After Dinner Circuit , i hope he is a success , illev sum reyt stories tu tell , unlike some ont A D C
    I thought the thread wer gunna be abart the fat "BLADE" off the Chase,Roma. Has tha been today? Ya had a gr8 start today and scored a crackin goal but ya need to start pickin some wins up soon mi owd pal,abit like we need to start winnin at BDBL.Hope ya well mi owd pal.UTMPB