+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In or Out???

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Let me see, we didn’t get loans from Forest that might have kept us up (who? ) we’re doing a bit better than last season, and Ardley stuck with us when of course there was a queue of clubs desperate to employ him. Snore.

I don’t go on that site much, and if that’s the quality of the discussion I’m not missing much.
    Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    For once BFP i completely wholeheartedly agree with every word of your post
    I could never agree with fatlad " wholeheartedly " on anything apart from our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Unless we get into serious relegation trouble it's an "in" from me,at least until we get a suitable & hopefully better manager lined up. The whole idea of advertising the job,pretending that the queue is full of high class candidates, interviewing the applicants, making a shortlist out of the ones who speak nicely & then appointing a "Numpty" fills me with dread. I am no great fan but with no money left in the budget let's give him this season if only to steady the ship.

Just taking a straw poll to gauge the mood, as it twere. Danes won't sack him anyway Kevington, not for a while yet anyways. Can't shake this feeling that any half decent manager, given the advantages that Neal was given last season in the tranny window, would have kept us in the League, EASILY. It seems we kept the worst one of the 3 on offer and this season seems to be a repeat of last in some respects. We just get something going, a draw and a win maybe and it seems we've turned a corner, thennnnnn, back to the usual chit accompanied by a shed load of well worn excuses. Groooaaannnnnnn................. I desperately want Ardley to succeed , as I do all Nott's managers but somehow I just can't see it happening.

I say give him maybe another month. If things are still the same as they are now, which I am almost certain they will be, then it's time to start looking for a new manager. I have already lost faith in his ability to consistently get results, but by the end of October I reckon I'll be certain.

As others have said, he's a one-point-per-game manager, regardless of division. The stats show he wins one game every five. So we had a good result last weekend against Halifax, now we can expect four or so games of draws and losses. His wins are so sporadic that they almost seem random, like rolling a dice and waiting for a six. Usually, one comes along just at the right point to buy him another five games, but there's only so long we can go on like that.

I know Bromley are flying high, but so what. I am almost certain that we have a better squad than them. I am almost certain we have a better squad than pretty much every team in this division. A decent manager would have us winning more games.

What improvements in 10 months has there been under this useless prat ?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I say give him maybe another month. If things are still the same as they are now, which I am almost certain they will be, then it's time to start looking for a new manager. I have already lost faith in his ability to consistently get results, but by the end of October I reckon I'll be certain.

As others have said, he's a one-point-per-game manager, regardless of division. The stats show he wins one game every five. So we had a good result last weekend against Halifax, now we can expect four or so games of draws and losses. His wins are so sporadic that they almost seem random, like rolling a dice and waiting for a six. Usually, one comes along just at the right point to buy him another five games, but there's only so long we can go on like that.

I know Bromley are flying high, but so what. I am almost certain that we have a better squad than them. I am almost certain we have a better squad than pretty much every team in this division. A decent manager would have us winning more games.
    We gave him another month a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Just taking a straw poll to gauge the mood, as it twere. Danes won't sack him anyway Kevington, not for a while yet anyways. Can't shake this feeling that any half decent manager, given the advantages that Neal was given last season in the tranny window, would have kept us in the League, EASILY. It seems we kept the worst one of the 3 on offer and this season seems to be a repeat of last in some respects. We just get something going, a draw and a win maybe and it seems we've turned a corner, thennnnnn, back to the usual chit accompanied by a shed load of well worn excuses. Groooaaannnnnnn................. I desperately want Ardley to succeed , as I do all Nott's managers but somehow I just can't see it happening.
    I desperately want Notts to succeed, whoever is at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    What improvements in 10 months has there been under this useless prat ?
    None.

It’s not a vendetta from me we just don’t have a style of play under him, the team changes on a regular basis and is never consistent for example he moves the first choice left back to centre back and then disrupts the back line more than was needed.

As a non league club surely we need to try and get some money into the club via selling a few younger players we aren’t going to do this when he stock piles the team with players who have no sell on value.

All the fans saying he is a nice guy well that might be so but I’d rather have someone who isn’t nice wins matches and is not afraid to tell it how it is.

He is a loser he has signed 20 plus players and I’d say he probably has the biggest squad in the league but that is not enough he won’t go yet but my guess is when we lose at Chesterfield that will finish hopefully (We are bound to lose to them as everyone else is hammering them)

Happy to let the Reedtz brothers decide this.
    Our only hope is that they know more about what they're doing than Trew and Hardy.

If they want to ignore fan pressure (giving in to that is another reason we are where we are) and take more time then so be it. If they've genuinely seen enough already to be sure then it's whisky, blindfold and gun time.

[QUOTE=LaxtonLad;39328207]Never mind about “never mind”, how is anyone supposed to know that? Do you think we all have Sky Sports?[/QUOTE

I don't have sky sports but knew what Swale meant, I would think most football fans would know.

We just seem incapable of grinding out results - gritty, backs-to-the-wall stuff when we’re not playing well and scrap to nick a point or a win.

I said a few weeks ago I would judge Ardley after 20 games, and that still stands. If we’re averaging a point a game, then he should go.

I thought we’d lose today when I saw the team sheet. Really bad luck to lose someone to serious injury in training, plus Turner for a couple of weeks. Also shows how stupid Doyle was for that reckless challenge and how we’ll pay for that even more with JOB out.

Couple of points:

1 Ardley needs to pick a front two and stick to it, and let them work on their partnership. Wootton and Thomas, or Wootton and Dennis. Stop tinkering. Also, Nathan Tyson seems to be a walking sick note.

2 The defence lost half of its back four to injury, so why create more upheaval by moving McCrory from left back to centre half (where he has struggled)?

3 A week ago, we looked like we had a good squad; seven days later we’re struggling to get 16 together for Tuesday. Has anyone seen any proof that Crawford hasn’t been abducted by aliens or that Shields actually exists other than his brief cameo? Ditto Oxlade-Chamberlain? Matt Tootle? We can’t afford to carry all of this deadwood.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast