+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: In or Out???

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    We gave him another month a month ago
    More than enough time to pick a settled team as much as possible.Has favourites which is why Tootle cannot get a game. Time to go.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, no owners in their right mind would let a manager build a squad throughout August and then sack him less than a month later.

It might be unpalatable and an uncomfortable truth but that’s where we are at. Neal Ardley has said in interviews the squad is complete and that there will be no more signings and that he must be judged over an entire season. Could this be interpreted as though he may have more or less been told he will get the full season?

No manager wants to come in and not bring their own players in, so sacking the manager and then not allowing them to make any signings until next summer is not going to be an attractive prospect.

At the moment we have won 25% of our games and lost 33% of games played which is just below mid table. We are not a consistent side either way. We don’t win games in a row and we don’t lose games in a row. Throw in more draws than any other results and it’s a perfect recipe for boring mid table mediocrity. Not good enough to win games in a row and not bad enough to lose games in a row.

Do we even know what the managers remit is for this season? Is it survival, mid table stability, playoffs or automatic promotion? Depending on what the owners aspirations are and our league position it will determine the length to which Neal Ardley will be our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Happy to let the Reedtz brothers decide this.
    Our only hope is that they know more about what they're doing than Trew and Hardy.

If they want to ignore fan pressure (giving in to that is another reason we are where we are) and take more time then so be it. If they've genuinely seen enough already to be sure then it's whisky, blindfold and gun time.
    I am happy to let them make the call as I have far more respect for them than Trew and Hardy. But let's not blame fan pressure for previous sackings, both of those arseholes had their own agenda.

Have to admit I’m losing patience with him, but also to lose both first choice central defenders this week was pretty sh1t for him. I don’t care what anyone says a pairing of Rawlinson with McCrory or Bird is going to be nowhere near as solid as the partnership Turner and Graham we’re starting to build. Also, as much as we all berate Doyle with Turner out as well we don’t really have anyone else who can organise on the pitch. Losing Turner was massive really because him and Rawlinson would have been ok and would have ensured the rest of the team pretty much picked itself.

That said it’s the job of the manager to plan and select the best team, formation and tactics available to him regardless of missing key players and when I saw the team today I was definitely worried.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Have to admit I’m losing patience with him, but also to lose both first choice central defenders this week was pretty sh1t for him. I don’t care what anyone says a pairing of Rawlinson with McCrory or Bird is going to be nowhere near as solid as the partnership Turner and Graham we’re starting to build. Also, as much as we all berate Doyle with Turner out as well we don’t really have anyone else who can organise on the pitch. Losing Turner was massive really because him and Rawlinson would have been ok and would have ensured the rest of the team pretty much picked itself.

That said it’s the job of the manager to plan and select the best team, formation and tactics available to him regardless of missing key players and when I saw the team today I was definitely worried.
    Isn’t it about time the players took some responsibility, they are the ones on the field for gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Isn’t it about time the players took some responsibility, they are the ones on the field for gods sake.
    They need to be organised and molded into an effective unit. Ardley basically said we conceded the first goal today because they hadn't followed the instructions he had given to them, that suggests that either he's not getting through to them, they don't respect/agree with what he's telling them to do (probably because it's too negative) or it's too convoluted to follow.

We see it time and time again when a side that's seriously struggling is suddenly transformed into winners when a new manager comes in. Same players, different manager, different results. It's the manager that makes all the difference.

[QUOTE=i961pie;39328358]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Never mind about “never mind”, how is anyone supposed to know that? Do you think we all have Sky Sports?[/QUOTE

I don't have sky sports but knew what Swale meant, I would think most football fans would know.
    Well please explain how "most football fans would know". I'm not clairvoyant, nor, I expect, are most football fans. "Unbelievable Jeff"??, meaningless.

I have now guessed Swale meant Jeff Stelling but "unbelievable"? Where does that come in? What's unbelievable?

Now, i961, as I asked originally, what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post

Well please explain how "most football fans would know". I'm not clairvoyant, nor, I expect, are most football fans. "Unbelievable Jeff"??, meaningless.

I have now guessed Swale meant Jeff Stelling but "unbelievable"? Where does that come in? What's unbelievable?

Now, i961, as I asked originally, what does it mean?
    Think it goes back to the days of Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson when they worked on the live scores programme, somebody would yell out "Unbelievable Jeff!" if the game they were keeping an eye on produced a shock or brilliant goal and then Jeff would hand over to them to tell us what had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    C'mon then, we may as well have a vote.

Ardley in or out?

For me, lovely fella but I just cannot see him breaking the shackles of the dreaded 1 pt a game curse.

Out.
    Out !
    As he says himself there are no excuses !( re injuries and new squad)
    How long does he want for the squad still to Gel ?
    Lose two centre backs and leaves his best option for cover on the bench.
    He's a master of his own down fall ,
    How many chances does he need , we are investing time and patience in the wrong guy here !
    If we don't score from outside the box then we don't seem to score , this because we aren't creating enough chances inside the box, scrappy or otherwise.
    OUT OUT and OUT !

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Think it goes back to the days of Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson when they worked on the live scores programme, somebody would yell out "Unbelievable Jeff!" if the game they were keeping an eye on produced a shock or brilliant goal and then Jeff would hand over to them to tell us what had happened.
    Do you know, upthemaggies, I do believe that rings a vague bell, thank you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast