+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: In or Out???

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Think it goes back to the days of Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson when they worked on the live scores programme, somebody would yell out "Unbelievable Jeff!" if the game they were keeping an eye on produced a shock or brilliant goal and then Jeff would hand over to them to tell us what had happened.
    It's Chris Kamara's catchphrase

In. Losing away to second top undefeated Bromley with your centre half pairing out and your fulcrum in midfield suspended doesn't warrant a sacking, especially after playing well last week.
    We're mid table, likely to be so for the rest of this season but hopefully could make the play offs. We are non league, that's our current standard we've no right to expect to beat Bromley away, hard as it is to stomach.

Ben Turner is crucial to us and with Doyle and O'Brien being out for some time it's likely to be a tough couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ardley in or out?

Out.
    Genuinely want to stop the manager merry go round but OUT for 3 reasons (I actually have more)

1, His preferred midfield is exactly the midfield which got us relegated last year - shows he's stubborn & doesn't learn.

2, Genuinely think we need a figurehead at the club, the owners are quiet which is fine with me but we need some real passion & Ardley lacks it, in fact he's devoid of it.

3, I'm fascinated to see what sort of manager the new owners would appoint. Don't know why but I get a sense their scientific approach (which I imagine it would be) could well bear fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    At the moment we have won 25% of our games and lost 33% of games played which is just below mid table.
    The assessment of "just below mid table" is highly questionable. We are currently 16th, and if Fylde win their game in hand we drop to 17th, which would put us in the bottom third of the table. You seem to be forgetting that the table in this league is very different from the table we are used to in League 2. In League 2 there are four promotion places and two relegation places. In the National League there are two promotion places and four relegation places. We are already 12 points from the automatic promotion place, and 5 points from the '1 in 6' playoff lottery. We are 3 points from a relegation place, which will become just 1 point if Wrexham win their game in hand. The reality is that if we will be close to a relegation battle if we don't improve our points per game ratio.

On that basis and with the squad Ardley has, it's an OUT from me.

I'm still just about an IN, more by default than enthusiasm, but I am running out of patience and excuses for Ardley.

The main worry is that he should be able to sort out the problems we have. Even after our chaotic summer, he managed to put together a decent looking squad. We don't appear to lack individual ability for the level we are at, and I don't think we are making too many individual errors. Our squad should be competing at this level, and possibly higher.

Our difficulties seem to arise at the collective level. We play with a negative mentality with too often tactics to match, and too often our performances betray mental weakness and a lack of know-how at key points in games. Ultimately, we are clearly not getting the best out of our players. Going from the excellent performance and victory against Halifax to today's dross is also ridiculous.

To Ardley's credit he did identify the problems pretty well in his post match interview today, from what I could hear over whatever that horrendous background noise was. This gives me some hope that he might be able to put things right. However, I appreciate that identifying problems doesn't amount to much if you are unable to actually sort the problems out.

I'd still give Ardley longer as I thought we looked good at times this season, such as against Halifax, Chorley and Wrexham, and I am not sure who we can bring in right now who would do a good job having to work with Ardley's squad. I really don't think we have financial leeway regarding the playing staff. Then again, I can't say I'd be overly surprised or in disagreement if he were sacked in the near future. If the owners know of managerial candidate that could install a winning mentality and ethic into our squad and get more out of what we have, I wouldn't be opposed to them going for it.
    Last edited by SlockyNCFC; 21-09-2019 at 10:50 PM.

We are going down again with this **** in charge.he is ****ing clueless.
    I said it this time last season he is a ****ing liability.

When you add together the number of your good or even average games and find they are vastly outnumbered by the outright Bad with a capital B, well then you ought to admit to yourself you aren't up to the job of football management.

When you have been allowed free rein to sign the players you have personally looked at and favoured and been told "Get 'em" and they just do not perform as well as you told your employers they would, you should be more than embarrassed. And when you have all of these players and have had time to find the best permutation but swap them about anyway, your uncertainty will show in their play - and it does. It shows in their lack of confidence and fight and ambition to win, and it's there for all to see.

Honestly speaking, I'm an 'out'

I do believe this project that has begun at the club could well be a very successful one which delivers Notts into a sound future, one that is much more secure at the very least, back in the Football League and competitive. I don't however, believe that Neal Ardley has the qualities to oversea that project.

I tend to see this manager as more of a 'caretaker'. He has overseen a ridiculously difficult close season and worked hard at getting a team out on the pitch and a squad to back it up. I don't think he can take things forward from here though. He's the wrong person and a little out of his depth for the exacting job in hand. I do believe he will end up being given this season though, barring absolute calamities.

Regards a replacement, well if I was employed in a job that had the duty of identifying who the possible candidates are I could maybe offer names. People are paid good money to identify such. I've heard Flitcroft mentioned on here a few times though and that doesn't seem a bad shout to me. Mansfield committed a faux pas in relieving him of his duties no doubt.

He really should be shown the door. The" brothers" are still finding their feet, but even the most benevolent providers will not be happy seeing their investment being depreciated at such an alarming rate.

Only the bizarre chain of events at Meadow Lane, have allowed NA to survive such an appalling record over the duration of his tenure.
    The current squad should have more than enough talent to compete at our current level, they are badly organised, played out of position, and lack tactical direction .

As far as new candidates are concerned, the Danes' much vaunted statistical analysis techniques should give them a few ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Just taking a straw poll to gauge the mood, as it twere. Danes won't sack him anyway Kevington, not for a while yet anyways. Can't shake this feeling that any half decent manager, given the advantages that Neal was given last season in the tranny window, would have kept us in the League, EASILY. It seems we kept the worst one of the 3 on offer and this season seems to be a repeat of last in some respects. We just get something going, a draw and a win maybe and it seems we've turned a corner, thennnnnn, back to the usual chit accompanied by a shed load of well worn excuses. Groooaaannnnnnn................. I desperately want Ardley to succeed , as I do all Nott's managers but somehow I just can't see it happening.
    I don't know which annoys me most about you these days, Gumpster, your constant whining on about Ardley or the renegade apostrophe you ridiculously keep inserting into Nott's. Why, in both cases?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast