+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: In or Out???

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Isn’t it about time the players took some responsibility, they are the ones on the field for gods sake.
    Joe that is just about the most sensible post on this Thread, currently the cards appear to be going against us after a reasonably start bearing in mind the late start we had in the Tranny Window, players arriving who have not all reached the same fitness levels, getting to know each others game on the pitch, you could go on and on.

to me after the late take over this has always been a season of stabilization after the disasters of the last two owners of the club just being in the National league hopefully means we have at last bottomed out, patience is the name of the game in my opinion, If the current owners were going to remove Ardley and Cox the deed would have been done before they allowed him to bring in his players not when they are in place Shirley. One of the main reasons we are where we are are is thirty managers in twenty years the law of averages says there comes a time when you have to take stock of the situation and stabilize before you can move forward and I happen to think that is where we are. We were never going to get promoted this season but we need to finish in a respectable position and build a platform to go for it next season.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I don't know which annoys me most about you these days, Gumpster, your constant whining on about Ardley or the renegade apostrophe you ridiculously keep inserting into Nott's. Why, in both cases?
    Me??? Annoying??? Nahhhhhhhhhhh. Just a concerned Nott's fan, is all.

I understand all of the arguments for sticking with Ardley, loyalty,stability,financial reasons but i cannot understand why we would effectively write off an entire season for what at best will be a mid table finish by keeping him in charge.

He has been allowed to build a squad that should be challenging in the top third, probably better i dont think anyone can dispute that he isnt getting the best out of the team.

To be in with a chance of making the playoffs he is going to have to win every other game now
    34 games left, 17 wins 10 draws 7 losses or something similar gets us to 75 points that isn't going to happen, i think we all know that, even those who want him to stay, nothing in his managerial history or his start to this season suggests that is even remotely possible

There are managers out there who could do it but he is not one of them.

More realistically we will continue our current form and even allowing for a slight improvement we will be between 50-60 points come May.

Those arguing for financial reasons, consider how many fans will stop going once we admit we've no ambition whatsoever this season.

We know first hand a struggling season will see the players lose faith in the manager and there are likely to be issues off the field if players who came here looking for success find themselves fighting to stay in the NL, players are likely to want to leave meaning we'll start next season looking to build a new team again. so theres the stability gone,

My point is why should we write off a season on Ardley for rebuilding, if that is what he acheives this season then he is unlikely to be the manager leading us into the 20/21 season where we will be expecting a lot better than mid table or a relegation scrap, why wouldn't you as the owners get the new man in let him have this season to work with the squad and instill some confidence and belief and organisation into them so that we can be contenders next season, it feels like every month we keep Ardley is another month wasted.

they are badly organised, played out of position, and lack tactical direction . Correct, the tinkering tinker

There is an third way...

Swap Ardley & the tea lady. NA will be fine with the rich tea versus digestive selection, and the tea lady (already on-staff - so no new salary required - cannot possibly do any worse on team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    There is an third way...

Swap Ardley & the tea lady. NA will be fine with the rich tea versus digestive selection, and the tea lady (already on-staff - so no new salary required - cannot possibly do any worse on team selection.
    Nah, Ardley would just bring in lots of different biscuits, over-promote them, but never have the same ones on the tray two weeks on the trot, and they'd all sell really poorly because they'd just be the weirdest selections and pairings

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567