+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meh eyes are hurting

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Some have lost their marbles if they think 7th or 8th in the championship is acceptable to the owners or the majority of fans.

I can't help but think it's the old dfcss bowling club committee mentality creeping in.

The manager is paid to get results (especially in this league) not jam maybe next year or the year after.

Playoffs is an absolute minimum requirement in my book.
    Who thinks that’s acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Some have lost their marbles if they think 7th or 8th in the championship is acceptable to the owners or the majority of fans.

I can't help but think it's the old dfcss bowling club committee mentality creeping in.

The manager is paid to get results (especially in this league) not jam maybe next year or the year after.

Playoffs is an absolute minimum requirement in my book.
    Spot on, my view is the fan in question was just shown the passion he has for his club, he was in the wrong for what he was shouting and who he was shouting at, but the boy was obviously frustrated, but the ask to have him thrown out and banned is a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Who thinks that’s acceptable?
    Not many if any on here but facebook, Pravda and a few on p and b.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Spot on, my view is the fan in question was just shown the passion he has for his club, he was in the wrong for what he was shouting and who he was shouting at, but the boy was obviously frustrated, but the ask to have him thrown out and banned is a bit much
    A using someone for no phuckin reason.....is showing passion for the club....really?

Shouting abuse at players to totally unacceptable.
    But I suppose if you pay your money your entitled
    to. It is frustrating at times when they have made
    a bad mistake and it’s cost us a goal. And the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    I'm not one for shouting criticism at individual players, I've done it, generally when I've lost the plot but not often.

I don't think it helps but players should be able to ignore it or aka Scott Bain give a bit back and be big enuf to deal with the fall out.

If someone was screaming at me when I was at my work I'd probably tell them to sssshhh.

Dosent really work at Dens as numerous players have found out from way back right thru to Greg Stewart and Scott Bain.

Darren odea was not bad at getting the fans onside and telling it how it is.

Mcpake immediately moved dug out no to listen to the worst of it.

Would I want someone thrown out....No

Do I think it's right....No

Just as an aside it's amazing that players can be a bit delicate but take all kinds of abuse when managers lose it.

And to add we probably would have been nearer the relegation spots without Hamilton's performances which have been decent from what I've seen.....he seems to be the new Kevin Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    Paying your money entitles you to abuse people

I wouldn’t agree with that, but I also wouldn’t want a Dundee fan thrown out because he was frustrated and shouted a few comments I didn’t agree with

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I wouldn’t agree with that, but I also wouldn’t want a Dundee fan thrown out because he was frustrated and shouted a few comments I didn’t agree with
    You miss the point spectacularly.

It was nothing to do with frustration nor was it a few comments. It was downright phuckin abuse of a DFC player for no phuckin reason whatsoever.

DFC and football in general doesn't need c**** like that masquerading as ‘supporters’.

Maybe I was to busy watching the match, I only seen him abuse Hamilton once, but if it was constant abuse I take your point

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)