+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Feeling Positive

Feeling Positive

After today I have a great feeling that this is our year, as the old saying goes, The sign of a good team is when they play very poor they still win, which undoubtedly refers to today, Even with a somewhat dubious formation and lacklustre display we prevailed, thank God for Shankland, big surprise was nicky Clark's omission after his pre match interview showing he was ready and hoping to be involved. As I say promotion is staring down at us. C'mon United.

I am buzzing, amazing how a few mins can change the mood, brilliant to get the win today from the losing position, should not have had to do it like that but we did, we won the game, we have surpassed many peoples predictions and i am quietly confident about this season... However it is obvious we need to watch Inverness and Ayr (although if McCall leaves may cause some issues but for now definitely showing form)

Roll on the Morton game, improved performance would be welcome, I think we will get one too as that will ease the wee bit of tension caused by losing at Ayr and the gap between league games after the derby, make life easier for us, although enjoyed the late celebrations today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    After today I have a great feeling that this is our year, as the old saying goes, The sign of a good team is when they play very poor they still win, which undoubtedly refers to today, Even with a somewhat dubious formation and lacklustre display we prevailed, thank God for Shankland, big surprise was nicky Clark's omission after his pre match interview showing he was ready and hoping to be involved. As I say promotion is staring down at us. C'mon United.
    Yeah. Good post. I think we finally have enough in the dugout and on the pitch to win the league. Those of us who are looking for better "performances" get accused of negativity which is a shame because all we want is the best possible for the club in terms of performances and results together.
    A great start, potential for problems at Ayr, 5 wins from 6, we would all have taken that preseason.
    The only real concerns are Robbie tinkering away with lineups because he's swallowed a manual, and the unthinkable that Shanks gets an injury.
    But overall, aye, very positive!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Yeah. Good post. I think we finally have enough in the dugout and on the pitch to win the league. Those of us who are looking for better "performances" get accused of negativity which is a shame because all we want is the best possible for the club in terms of performances and results together.
    A great start, potential for problems at Ayr, 5 wins from 6, we would all have taken that preseason.
    The only real concerns are Robbie tinkering away with lineups because he's swallowed a manual, and the unthinkable that Shanks gets an injury.
    But overall, aye, very positive!
    An injury to Reynolds would also be a major blow too.

Hopefully Robson injury isn't bad

Otherwise the positivity is high...

Some stats

Since Jan window shut league record
    Pld 21 W15 D2 L4 GF40 GA17 Pts47

Last 11, W9 L2
    Last 12 at home, W11 L1 (the loss should have been an easy win vs qots)

6 wins in a row at fortress Tannadice in league scoring 22 goals

2-1 v Ayr
    2-0 v Falkirk
    4-1 v Inverness
    6-2 v Dundee
    2-1 v Arbroath
    6-0 v Morton

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)